Some Questions about VPS

XienHost

Hello All Fellow HD Member,

We ate hogwildhost.com just picked up a brand new server to create VPS Accounts on, we have SolusVM and OpenVZ.

My question is, Should I include Cpanel,Fantastico, Softaculous, Rvskins and WHMCS all in one price or should I break it down and let him play on there own for extra things I.E cpanel, Fantastico etc..

See my issue is I want to give the client a good deal and it seems like I would have to eat all costs. So What I am asking everyone is how do I go about this do I make the client pay for the extras or do I, take on the cost and lose more money..

Any Help is Grateful.

This really comes down to a business decision on your end. Can you up-sell additional items? Can you provide and show the value of your service and thus the reason for the extra fees etc?

It comes down to marketing and personal business options. There's enough places out there that do one or the other and both, but it comes down to what are you providing to the client. Are the machines managed? Are the fees reasonable - etc etc. This is a decision that you would need to make for your own business unfortunately.

I understand what you all are saying but I am going to place the price in which I was given and then if the client wants it they can order it...

Although we offer Full Managed Services via LiveChat, Email, Help Desk, and Telephone. We also are really available 24/7/365 for technical support and Sale, and our Private racks are being monitored but 3 guys on 3 different shifts. We collocated 3 Linux Servers through Hostdime Orlando and purchased a 20U Rack.

So I am hoping this will work for us. If not we have lost alot of money very quick.

I understand what you all are saying but I am going to place the price in which I was given and then if the client wants it they can order it...

Although we offer Full Managed Services via LiveChat, Email, Help Desk, and Telephone. We also are really available 24/7/365 for technical support and Sale, and our Private racks are being monitored but 3 guys on 3 different shifts. We collocated 3 Linux Servers through Hostdime Orlando and purchased a 20U Rack.

So I am hoping this will work for us. If not we have lost alot of money very quick.

Good luck :thumbup:

I always believe in 1 thing. If you don't want it then don't get it. It's not really nice to force your clients to get a certain thing when they do not want it. I'd be annoyed and move on if I was your client. So no, you should not bundle everything together.

You should always take things out if possible and sell them 1 by 1. That way, you could at least give the flexibility to your clients to choose. Sometimes people may ask you to bundle it and if you like, you could give them a small discount too since it's all bundled.

Apart from that, why are you taking 20U Rack so fast? 3 colo is merely taking 3U, which leaves 17U left. Do you have customers who are doing Colo with you? Are you utilizing all the 17U leftover? If not, you'd better watch out, you'd be losing money real fast if you don't take care. It's not cheap! Don't make this an expensive lesson to learn.

Good Luck!

Seems like everyone wants a customized server. I think it's easier to offer a base server with upgrade options.

I would have the options with it all and without, call them managed and unmanaged.

I would put it that way but it depends how good you can provide management for them, if not, call them premium and budget.

A popular way to start things out is to offer them all services but scaling what can be measured by packages. Full features for all, but adjust the resource usage into three or four different levels. Let them pick what they think they'll need at first and then always give them the opportunity to bump things up. Last, make sure it's clear that custom quotes and estimates all always an option. It's better to have someone asking you for special considerations rather than thinking there's nothing that fits their needs and moving on to the next host.

Check out the way some other hosts are packaging their VPS. You're bound to find a similar way to offer yours.

Good Luck!

Many people are looking for all-in-one plans nowadays. Something like fully-managed with cPanel, Softaculous, and WHMCS included within each plans.

Make sure you cover the licensing costs and then set a price because if you don't get enough to cover licensing then you're into sheer loss :)