SSD hosting or HDD Hosting?

I took a look at bcache and I'm not sure what functionality it offers that can't already be done through stable technology.

Not sure about the technical details, I have only worked with FlashCache, but not ZFS or bCache. But things seem to be very bright for the latter and it is just about time when some big guy (read "Red Hat") embrace it and take it further.

With the beefier servers the bottle neck on them is the hard drive -- so going with a SSD drive that may be 300x faster than a standard drive would definitely make better sense... However a SSD drive is a lot more costly than a regular HDD..

just my .02

We switched to SSD hosting a few months ago and it is so much faster. We only host our software for clients and there is a lot of MS SQL database lookups so I noticed a bit difference. It was differently worth the extra money.

We have now switched to SSD hosting, and you can tell the difference in loading speeds on forums and such of posting speeds

Your MySQL server will serve the data fast, pretty fast. This means, less time for loading the page.

Our company provides with new powerful Pure SSD VPSes, which have the largest memory and ssd disk allotments in the industry. We are using KVM virtualization. Your RAM and Disk allotments are dedicated and guaranteed.

So SSD VPS will be the best choice for hosting of your sites!

Though still a higher price/gigabyte than hard drives, SSDs offer cost savings in the long run for businesses with lower energy usage and greater productivit.
SDDs are better from many points of view:SSDs are more durable, faster, consume less power, sdds are lighter, are quieter, are cooler.
One SSD delivers the performance of 100 hard drives.