SSL Important To All Website

arihantwebtech

I have read somewhere a blog which was saying that SSL is important for all website by JULY 2018. After this your website will not receive authorization from Google in terms of organic ranking. Please keep here you suggestion this topic.

That's correct. Browers are constantly changing how a website is displayed and almost all have moved to requiring SSL certificates.

Eventually having a SSL certificate will be the norm and they will remove the green lock as well so that secure is the standard.

Correct, however most hosts are offering SSL's free included or you can obtain them easily yourself through lets encrypt :)

Correct, however most hosts are offering SSL's free included or you can obtain them easily yourself through lets encrypt :)

which reduce a hosts revenue.

before lets encrypt i was taking £3,000 a year from SSL certs, in the last fiscal year i took £400 from SSL certs as most moved to free SSL certs from lets encrypt.

That is a big loss to a small business

For a hosting company, i think an EV SSL is a must. It's one of the first methods that would bring some trust to your website.

For a hosting company, i think an EV SSL is a must. It's one of the first methods that would bring some trust to your website.

It's good to have EV, but if you cannot get a EV for any reason, hosting providers or any e-commerce site should at least get a paid certificate to gain some trust

It is not an easy process to get an EV SSL cert and a lot of hosting companies would not qualify for an EV SSL cert.

Have you heard about the latest Google security update then? The update says that Google is going to phase out ‘secure’ badge for the HTTPS sites while the HTTP sites will be marked as “Not secure” in red in the address bar.

Yes that's right. It's better to do it. To show to your visitors that your site is trustworthy and to mitigate your site from hackers. And now they are ssl certificate providers, like let's encrypt and comodo. They are quite interesting.

SSL is very important for website security and for both visitor and customer data. SSL Certificates protects your customer personal data such as password, credit card, and identity information. The main benefit of SSL is to transmit a user's personal information using encryption technology so an only expected person can read it. An SSL certificate plays a vital role for every business, particularly after Google declarations about SSL for better Search Ranking.

Let us see the benefits of an SSL Certificate
1 Encrypt sensitive information
2 Authentication to prove your reliability
3 Increase Visitors Trust
4 Enhance PCI Compliance
5 Google search ranking boost
6 Attract more shoppers with HTTPs and Green Padlock

Day by day as Internet Growing cybercriminals are also increasingly active and getting access to personal details like credit cards, security number, bank details, and other people information, so it is important that make your site secure and reliable.

A common misconception is when people tend to relate 'trust' to having an SSL certificate.

A rogue website can also have an SSL certificate, even more so now that almost all providers have free SSL certificates. You shouldn't trust an SSL-powered website just because the SSL is valid. It only means your communication with the server serving the website is encrypted. It doesn't mean it's generally safe.

A common misconception is when people tend to relate 'trust' to having an SSL certificate.

The misconception is only a new thing since Lets encrypt and AutoSSL started with the free SSL certs.

Before free SSLs scammers etc. would not pay to secure their sites, so had no encryption protections with SSL certs.

According to a study done by Pew Research Center, more than 68% of users of the internet strongly feel that there are inadequate laws for the purpose of protecting their privacy. It is because of the increasing need for online security the reason why Google adopted far-reaching measures for making the internet safer. One such measure adopted by the search engine giant is by making SSL certification an essential business/website ranking factor.

Here is more details on it <URL snipped>

Hey!

Good question!

SSL becomes extreme important especially for large eCommerce Websites for the secure transaction and data transfer, however, for small as well as medium sized business website too, it's importance is equivalent. Also, Google search engine ranking is also greatly depends on the secured site. You can discover some best hosting provider that offers free SSL certificate around the market. Good luck with that!

Hey!

Good question!

SSL becomes extreme important especially for large eCommerce Websites for the secure transaction and data transfer, however, for small as well as medium sized business website too, it's importance is equivalent. Also, Google search engine ranking is also greatly depends on the secured site. You can discover some best hosting provider that offers free SSL certificate around the market. Good luck with that!

No Matter what size of business or website you have , if you take people details or take payments then you need an SSL Certificate.
I would never recommend a free SSL cert if you are running a business. It a business cannot afford $10 a year for a paid SSL then you don't have much of a business and you don't care about your customers details