SSL provider

Who is best SSL certificate provider ? which SSL certificate should be used ?

1. It just like shopping for hosting, a car, or even a hospital to get care from. You should look for reviews and so on to see who make the "cuts" you are looking for.
2. Now of days it seems to me that...
DV (Domain Validated):free providers like Let's Encrypt or Comdo Positive will cut the mustard. As they tend to have the similar "popularity", protection, and/or etc.
OV (Organization Validated): These are worth paying for IF your wishing to "prove" that you are the organization you are. Personally these are probably better for like non profits or companies that handle more sensitive purchases like jewelry, computer systems, and/or etc. As these customers will (hopefully) likely look for PROOFS that if they paying hundreds literally over Ethernet it's going to a solid standing brand/good cause.
EV (Extended Validated): It's the most expensive and for a reason... It's requires up to a few weeks of validation as you actually has to phone in and so on. Thankfully most of us won't NEED it as we are not banks or places like Paypal. Or even larger shops like Amazon. As long as your not processing like over 250k USD/year I don't believe you are required to have one in order be "compliance". As a DV would works until/if you reach such a bracket.

1. It just like shopping for hosting, a car, or even a hospital to get care from. You should look for reviews and so on to see who make the "cuts" you are looking for.
DV (Domain Validated):free providers like Let's Encrypt or Comdo Positive will cut the mustard. As they tend to have the similar "popularity", protection, and/or etc.
OV (Organization Validated): These are worth paying for IF your wishing to "prove" that you are the organization you are. Personally these are probably better for like non profits or companies that handle more sensitive purchases like jewelry, computer systems, and/or etc. As these customers will (hopefully) likely look for PROOFS that if they paying hundreds literally over Ethernet it's going to a solid standing brand/good cause.
EV (Extended Validated): It's the most expensive and for a reason... It's requires up to a few weeks of validation as you actually has to phone in and so on. Thankfully most of us won't NEED it as we are not banks or places like Paypal. Or even larger shops like Amazon. As long as your not processing like over 250k USD/year I don't believe you are required to have one in order be "compliance". As a DV would works until/if you reach such a bracket.

I will definitely take these suggestions into consideration

In theory every SSL cert is same and the level of encryption is the only thing that matters. The rest is just for customers perception which the SSL providers created over the years which is brand value.

I will say use letsencrypt as those are free ones and move to paid ones only for those who needs it for customers or any other purpose.

In theory every SSL cert is same and the level of encryption is the only thing that matters. The rest is just for customers perception which the SSL providers created over the years which is brand value.

I will say use letsencrypt as those are free ones and move to paid ones only for those who needs it for customers or any other purpose.

Free ones DONT provide validation which you get when you get a paid SSL cert in the form of an SSL badge which when clicked validates the SSL is correct and valid.

I would say one of the best at the moment are Comodo SSL, it is highly affordable, has great customer support, only thing to dislike is the validation that can take some time if the information required for Comodo SSL to complete the checking process isn’t available online.
Also RapidSSL, is great aswel, also offering great prices, free support is provided 24/7 by web and email, and installation tools are part of the package at no additional costs.

I would say one of the best at the moment are Comodo SSL, it is highly affordable, has great customer support, only thing to dislike is the validation that can take some time if the information required for Comodo SSL to complete the checking process isn’t available online.
Also RapidSSL, is great aswel, also offering great prices, free support is provided 24/7 by web and email, and installation tools are part of the package at no additional costs.

DV validation is instant.
OV and EV validation takes time as they require more in depth validation checks and this goes for all CAs

Free ones DONT provide validation which you get when you get a paid SSL cert in the form of an SSL badge which when clicked validates the SSL is correct and valid.

Even then not all certificates even provides this. Some are static only for example and so on.

Even then not all certificates even provides this. Some are static only for example and so on.

all paid ones will provide a separate email with the method to get and install the validation badge, if it then upto you if you install it or not

I use mostly Comodo. I've also dealt with RapidSSL. No problems with either. Some clients like to use Let's Encrypt and I've had no issues with them. Personally, Comodo is my go-to SSL certificate.

Useful information, you can check the types of SSL - DV, OV and EV. choose your preferred SSL to secure your site