Statbrain.com - tell me what you think?

ZachH

Hi Everybody

I just launched this new free site where everyone can enter an URL and the site will estimate the number of visitors that the site has, based on different online sources.

The site is called Statbrain.com and I would really like some feedback.

Try entering your own site and see how good Statbrain.com is at guessing the number of visitors that you have.

I've has some problems with Internal Server Errors so tell me if you get one.

Any sort of feedback is very welcome either here or use the forms on the website for any other confidential feedback.

Your design is simple and the ads are taking up too much space, IMO. I'd move the statbrain.com logo to the left and have all of the links on the right of the logo. I did encounter one Internal Server Error, but most of my searches were successful. Interesting concept for a site. Good luck with it.

I did encounter one Internal Server Error, but most of my searches were successful.
I encoutered one as well. Three searches, one error. The results were far from reality for the two sites that I checked.

Out of three sites, one came damn close. :)

That's a good idea and nicely presented web site.

Hi Webfreak08

Take a look at the site now, I haven't done anything to the ad, but I've moved the logo. It is now located on the left like you suggested and I think it looks pretty good, tell me what you think?

I've also changed the logo slightly.

Thanks to everybody.

I encountered many errors when searching for pages but eventually I found a site that it worked on. The design is simple and so is your site so they work out alright. Cool idea. I hope you work out the bugs.

Yes Yes Yes!!

Finally it happened; I solved the “Internal Server Error” problem.

So what was the solution? Well it is all very simple. The Internal Server Errors was something that I hadn’t experienced locally so I figured out I should try a new hosting company. That I did and the problem was solved.

I guess the message is: choose the right hosting company!

P.S. The domain has been transferred 24 hours ago, but some might still see the old hosting company for a few more hours...

Wow, not only did the error go away, my sites statistics are more realistic now. Very nice work, Zach.

I read somewhere that there's no best host only the host that's best for you. Glad to hear that this new host is better than your old one.

Zach, if you rly were feeling creative one day, you could put information of when the domain was registered and when it expires.

Thank you for the tips. Pretty good ideas.

BTW:I had some problems with Alexa the past 5 days, but the problems have been fixed now.

That's a pretty nifty site, though I am not sure of it's accuracy.

Estimated number of visitors for www.diyhosting.com
7,019 visitors per day

That is too high. We do a lot of ad-runs, but not that much.

Simon