Struggling with domain registrar!

Equinox

I am in such a state right now.
I made payments for my domain (www.im_not_going_to_advertise.co.za) many months ago. I'm usually someone who keeps things done on time and this has been a total stuff up!

My domain has been down for three days now and the registrar reckons the payments haven't been made. I have faxed and emailed and SMS-ed him the details of my payments and my reciepts and yet my domain is still not back on the zone files.

If this is the way someone expects to business then they shouldn't be doing it. I know DNS-es take a while to propogate etc, but this was my business site and my emails will be bouncing back, making me look like the ideal candidate for a "fly-by-night" webhost, which I'm not.

How long can it take to rectify a mistake which was clearly theirs? I dont understand it! Anyone else had an experience like this before?

You probably have done this, but did you check http://co.za? After doing a WHOIS on the domain name, I came across this message:
Flashing RED indicates that payment has not been received - please
confirm with the UniForum SA accounting department, accounts[at]co.za, should this
not be according to your records. You have been sent 2 invoices/statements.
Did you send an e-mail to accounts[at]co.za?

Last edited:
Yes, many times...I even phoned and asked to speak to accounts. The guys say, "yes we are filtering through all our accounts and the situation will be rectified quickly."

I have now paid the domain registration three times in an effort to get them to do it, but still no luck!
~Equinox