Sunburn ;\

Equinox

I fell asleep in the sun on Thursday afternoon and am seriously sunburnt...
IT ITCHES ;\

Anyone got a miracle cure for this?

A hot bath,

As painful as it sounds it replenishes the skin with moisture and takes the 'sting' out of burnt areas. Shower after.

My mother-in-law is a BUrse.. she always uses Aloe Vera. It really does work at replacing the moisture in your skin. For sunburn specifically, look for the type with the first aid sign on it... it contains a pain reliever too

That aloe vera works miracles. For some reason, I moved closer to the equator and when I go in the sun I burn in about 10 minutes flat. I get aloe vera with lidocaine in it.

Yup ... I concur. But ... in my experience ... with Aloe Vera, you get what you pay for. So don't "cheap out" and buy a bargain product. Spend a few more $$$ and get the good stuff. Its most likely to work better.

Lidocaine is a good pain reliever ... but have never heard of it in a topical application. Most times I hear of it ... its given intravenously. But then, I haven't had a sunburn in over 10 years ... so what do I know? :)

JMHO
Peter

You made me curious, so I checked in a dictionary:

Lidocaine - A local anaesthetic (trade names Lidocaine and Xylocaine) used topically on the skin and mucous membranes
Sounds good for sunburns.