Technical help with computer problem please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katty

Every time I start up IE, I am getting a "security alert" message from Equifax. I have removed the certificate from my root certification options, but the alert still keeps popping up [even after I have restarted the computer]. Equifax is now not even showing in my certification list, but I still get the security warning every time.
Any ideas please anyone?

As a general rule of thumb, if I get these types of errors at home, I'll first check the control panel for add/remove software programs, followed by reviewing the task manager for processes running, followed by analyzing the registry. Sometimes, it's as simple as reinstalling IE or switching to Firefox, and sometimes not. Katty hasn't been back since Dec 26th, so I'm assuming she's resolved this by now.

Maybe try re-installing or updating you IE. Also, download other browsers like Firefox or Chrome so that when your main browser crashes, you have an alternative browser.

Might as well also try the old fashioned method of clearing your cache and cookies completely. Old junk can cause lots of problems sometimes, and its the last thing you might try!

Ok, folks. I think this thread can be closed since we haven't heard from katty in 60 days.

Katty, if you do re-appear and would like to update this thread, please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetrCZE