Telephone sales about my web site ... something new???

pmhoran

Anyone else experience this??

I got a call yesterday ... started as one of those typical telephone sales calls that always seem to come at the wrong time. The phone rang ... I picked it up & said Hello ... after a few seconds a click on a line & then a lady starts yakking away.

Yesterday was not a good day for me ... so I was in a wee bit of snarly mood. So as soon as she mentioned she was calling about "my company's website" I just informed her I was not a company ... she had reached my private home number ... thank you for calling ... good-bye.

She didn't call back ... but after I hung up I started wondering what in heck they were calling me for about my website (whichever one they meant).

I am used to getting emails & even snail mail about my sites & domain names ... but this is a first time ever about my website. Kind of wish now that I had been patient enough to hear her out. Ooops !!

So ... has anyone else gotten phone calls (sales calls) about your websites (besides those from customers or someone expected).???

What did it turn out to be about???

Take care ... thanks for sharing
Peter

I received at least 3 such calls previously from Aplus who tried to sell their design/hosting services. Extremely annoying.

I am ready to bet this was one of those phone calls. :)

I am ready to bet this was one of those phone calls.
Heh, I read about Aplus marketing "techniques" so many times, that they were the first though that came to my mind when I read the title of this thread. :D