The facts about my last post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozarkhost

I have been deeply offended my the moderators actions with my last post.
They claim I violated this rule.
Originally Posted by HostingDiscussion.com Rules
3.5 You are not allowed to post affiliate links anywhere on the HostingDiscussion forums (including signatures).

FACT no link was in my post except for my signature which links to my homepage.

They keeping saying this which I never posted a link and refuse to remove that thread upon request in which I was the author.

What's the point of this thread? Seems to be you got caught posting an affiliate link, and now you are whining about it. It's easy at this point to "claim" you never posted an affiliate link, since it was removed. However, I have enough faith in the HD mods' judgement that they wouldn't just arbitrarily call you on this rule unless they were pretty darn sure of it.

Besides, quite a coincidence that you have an affiliate link to that site on your home page. You know, the one that ends in "contractId=1637916&referrer=ozarkhost" ;)

Vito

First of all, if you have a problem about it, contact a mod. There's no need to post to get attention, and the mods are the only ones that can help you out on this one. Second, this post isn't even in the right forum. It doesn't relate to billing and accounting.

Thread moved to a more appropriate section.

What Edward did was to point people to his website. He said (and I paraphrase since my memory isn't that good) "you can find a link to them on my website". His website was in his signature and that link was an affiliate link.

I saw that as an attempt to bend the rules, so I corrected his post and then added a direct link to the software.

The truth is - in more complex cases such as this, no thread is closed and post edited without the majority of HD staff approving the action.

You told people they could find a link to the software page on your web site. That only link is an affiliate link. If your only intention was to review and recommend a good product, why not post a direct link to it right with your original post at HD?

By the way, just posting a link in main forums at HostingDiscussion.com, telling people to visit your web site in order to find a link leading elsewhere is considered advertising and is prohibited as well. Either way - you break the rules. End of story.

Edward, I also don't think it is a good idea to continue with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting