The flip side of cheap

SenseiSteve

HD Moderator
Staff member
I don't think it's any secret that prospects enter the keyword 'cheap' quite often when they're searching for hosting providers.

While you want to maximize highly targeted traffic to your site, by using the keyword “cheap,” you’ll inevitably attract cheap clients. These aren’t always the best customers to attract. They’ll invariably eat up a disproportionate amount of support in relation to the services that they purchase. They also tend to come across as less professional and more demanding. Add to that, they also tend to flip easier.

Your thoughts?

I used to do seo for the keyword "cheap hosting" in Thailand a longtime ago. Also, my web hosting price used to be cheaper. It is true as SenseiSteve mentioned. "They ate up a disproportionate amount of support in relation to the services that they purchase"

So I stopped acquiring these type of clients and increased the price of my hosting packages.

The mentality to look for the cheapest solution (most bang for the buck) exists and it does translate to clients seeking the most for least. In my experience, these are also customers who will be most demanding, and perhaps emotional when something isn't working.

I find individuals and companies that know the value of things are more patient.