The global financial regression and internet marketing!

andreyknure

How do you think if the Global financial crisis will have any positive or negative influence on online marketing sector? Can the current situation raise an additional interest in online marketing services? Thanks in advance!

More people are turning to ONLINE for purchasing rather than taking the trip to the Mall etc. Even WalMart faced a drop in their stocks over the holidays as there just wasn't much spending going on. At the same time, the Internet is still (and always will) be booming.

It's still a great time to be an online store (if you can handle the depressing news and forcasts), but I don't see the online sector being hit nearly as hard as a brick and morter store.

Actually online purchase depends from country to country surely i am saying it affected online marketing one simple ex even companies like google adwords are having less advertisement inventory, this you will know if you run adsense in ur sites

Less advertising from many larger companies - this is true. Prices go down, so people with less of a budget can now actually compete for those prized words. Advertising on TV and even newspapers is realativly CHEAP compared to this time last year.

There's less people spending BIG money, but more people spending online - all trying to get a piece of the pie.

I agree that more people are turning to the online zone this days instead of general marketing techniques but always marketing online will produce less results than conventional marketing

For an example if you have a site and promote it online and TV you can see the difference .

I think it also has to do with the fact that more people are becoming accustomed to the internet as being a safe place to buy.. also more and more people are getting access to the internet.. online marketing is definitely a growing field..

However, i don't believe its secure from a financial crisis or a recession.. companies that do business online are feeling the pinch as well

Some web hosting companies use credit for there operations month-to-month and surely that is affecting some companies as banks aren't lending as much as they use to. At our company we do not use credit at this point because we are a smaller company.