The Truth About GoDaddy Web Hosting

I feel that I must offer some criticism. I get the impression that this site is your own. Please correct me if this is false. I have a few points to bring up:

1. I am pretty sure that you cannot force them to pay the $1,500 + in design fees.
2. I am also fairly positive that SSI includes must be placed in file with the .shtml extension.
3. It is possible that they made a change to their server setup, only allowing SSI's to be executed from the CGI directory. You probably should have tried this.
4. Your frustration is understandable, and their continuous contradictory responses are a bit ridiculous, but I think it would have been more beneficial for you to call them. It would have been resolved much faster.
5. From a personal perspective, I find it funny that there is now a GoDaddy bashing site...

This is all based on the story on your index page, I didn't take the time to look at your other horror stories.

But, your review/site can be beneficial to others looking for hosting as it is always good to hear others experiences, but not base a decision on the experience of one client.

At the very least your site will generate business for them.

Starting sites like this is petty and immature. Deal with things like an adult.
Your site is creating links to them, improving their SEO and generating talk about them.

Also, signing up to a bunch of forums and making a single post like this gives you no credibility. I doubt many of your posts will last considering you are signing up to many forums that have nothing to do with hosting.

You should rethink your method of attack on Godaddy and come up with a more mature plan.

Last edited:
I never used their hosting services, but their domain registration service is pretty nice with the free domain forwarding.

Also i personally have only used their domain registration services which i though were great and will continue to use them as they have great pricing :dance:

I think GoDaddy is great. They definitely shoke up the domain name industry. I've not used their hosting before, but surely used their SSL registration serve - GREAT.

While this thread is very very old, I would like to hit a few targets here:

1. If people spent more time being productive in their own lives, than creating sites like godaddysux.com and paypalsucks.com, etc...maybe they themselves would be more successful.

2. If you think that you will accomplish what you have set out to do, by all means do it. However, I can't say enough that when you plan to protest....make sure you can spell everything properly....it's sucks, not sux . Being trendy in replace of grammar, spelling, and overall education, is not the best way to prove your case, appear professional, or make any statement other than "Hello, I'm here to tell you, that godaddy sucks. I sure hope you read and understand l33t or hillbilly, because that's the language I'm speaking today." or "Hi, I'm sicks yeers ohld. wanna play 'guess what I'm saying now?' Red-e....goh!!!"

If you want to make a point, be professional. Otherwise you lose credibility, destroy your case, and make the company you're trying to bring down, even more appealing, and professional.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1hosting