Top 10 webhosts

nightcrawler

Hi,

Which one you rate the top 10 hosts and why? I have seen the web hosting review sites they are giving rating to those which are paying high commissions as affiliates. What are your top 10 webhosts including features also.

1.Hostgator
4. so on

Here we go again. :) There is no such thing as top 10 web hosting providers. There is top 10 largest hosting providers, there is even a top 10 best uptime providers, but no general list of top 10 providers. Why? There are too many variables in play.

It is just impossible to make a list because there is just no way to have an objective direct experience with all providers in the world. Even then, there has to be a scientific non-biased method to be able to quantify test results in order to give a company a rank.

Here we go again. :) There is no such thing as top 10 web hosting providers. There is top 10 largest hosting providers, there is even a top 10 best uptime providers, but no general list of top 10 providers. Why? There are too many variables in play.

It is just impossible to make a list because there is just no way to have an objective direct experience with all providers in the world. Even then, there has to be a scientific non-biased method to be able to quantify test results in order to give a company a rank.

Then how would you differentiate between the hosts? it's a dilemma because usually people go for hosting after reading reviews and searching for best hosting websites. If I say top 10 recommended hosts which are to be worthy to host with?

By who's judgement? How many of us here have even hosted with 10 providers? There are too many variables and everyone's requirements are different. :)

I have only used two of these hosts, but the rest on the list are just as good.

First two I have used.Rest have a good reputation and are users of HD :)

Hands-on Web Hosting – Deals with Shared, Domains, Virtual Private Servers and Dedicated Hosting. Hosting in the U.S.A. and the U.K.

LimeStoneNetworks - Deals with Dedicated servers and Virtual Private Servers.

Hostirian – Deals with Shared(Linux, Windows) , Domains, Colocation, and Dedicated hosting. Hosting in the U.S.A.

Aquarius Storage -Deals with Shared, Reseller, Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated and Domains. Hosting in the U.S.A.

Fiber Elephant -Deals with Virtual Private Servers. Hosting in the U.S.A.

Central Server Network-UK – Deals with Shared Hosting. Hosting in the U.K.

By who's judgement? How many of us here have even hosted with 10 providers? There are too many variables and everyone's requirements are different. :)

Just getting the idea I read so many bad reviews about famous hosts as well. To be honest I need 10 blogs to be hosted with good affordable host (6$/month maximum). I am already with a good host, but there multiple domain hosting plans are very expensive. I just wonder so much marketing by these hosts.

Then how would you differentiate between the hosts?

There is only one factor that really matters and that separates companies nowadays - that's customer service. So I personally differentiate between the hosts based on the level of service I receive as a client. And the opinion is ALWAYS personal. Nobody else will be able to tell you Company A is providing better service than Company B. There is only a company that is right for you and your needs.

And looking at thousands of firms who can offer you the same equipment, network providers, software, offerings, etc - service is the ONLY factor that gives you an ability to differentiate between them.

Unfortunately, the only way to know is to actually through direct experience. Just go through our Special Offers forum at HostingDiscussion.com, look through our Showcase, see who participates on the forum actively and who is the most helpful to you and others, and perhaps that would be the right choice for you. I find that if you have some kind of personal relationship with the member it will at times help you get better attention, because the relationship becomes personalized.

To be honest I need 10 blogs to be hosted with good affordable host (6$/month maximum).

Here's another angle to consider perhaps.

Instead of looking for inexpensive hosts, learn how to make some money with your blogs. Then you can afford any host you want.

To keep it extremely brief, here's how that works in general.

1) Create as much QUALITY content as you can.

2) Get as many links to this content as you can.

3) Add Google Ads to your site.

4) Stick with it patiently, and don't give up.

Instead of looking for inexpensive hosts, learn how to make some money with your blogs. Then you can afford any host you want.

Agree on this. And if you do good with SEO stuff, you can make a lot of money. :agree:

We are not talking about SEO, and Thank you I write and speak at SEO conferences as well here in my country :). I have 4 blogs hosted as well but they all are separately hosted on single domain hosting.

Yes that is correct there is no such a things like top10 hosting companies. For example I use host1plus.com to host my websites in the Netherlands, but for example even justhost or other companies has failures and dowtimes. I guess you can choose your web hosting company by:
1. What payments they are accepting;
2. What is overall opinion about that company;
3. How support works to help you;
4. Server location for your website;

Last edited:
I highly agree with Artashes, as such there is no definitive or universal set of top 10 "services" as the service essentially is the same across the industry give or take a few. Personally I see top 10 websites being little more than the marketing playground for larger hosts through affiliate schemes and without which they would not exist.

Take into consideration a "product" such as a camera, essentially it has 1/2 main purposes, to capture and or record images... so to formulate a top 10 of cameras id set a price bracket and then compare the "Stats" and "add ons" for each camera then subsequently pick the best option for me from those results. Easy, however for hosting we do not provide a "product", only a "Service" and subsequently the stats or performance cannot be gauged when we purchase, only assessed over time as such we cannot formulate our top 10 on the stats that as a consumer we don't have.

So essentially the only way to decide a top 10, is an in depth view of the provider and the client, by which you store a numerical value of rating of the company in areas such as uptime, server load, customer support etc over the period of no less than 6 months. You then allow the user to select essentially what they are looking for based on such statistics and show the closest matches in order highest to lowest.
Rather than the current "whoever pays the most is n1", however such a system as above could still use affiliate links and other add based methods of profit as well as informing the user "support us by clicking here" and as such essentially it acts as a search engine to refine results, an enhancement would then be to tie such a system to forums such as HD ensuring reviews can be publicly scrutinised though essentially the rating is not derived from such a reviews, perhaps only a public opinion?

Personally the above would suffice to me as a personal top 10 research method, and I would require a sharp push to include a price comparison as its not essentially needed however such a site would require a large amount of warning as well as robotex and similar results summarised.

Last edited:
Re:

In general every company has its own advantages and disadvantages. The top 10 host depends on number of positive reviews of particular provider. As for me, following service will be considered top 10 web hosting company as below:

Disc storage
Domain name
Secure email support
Add-on domains
Parked domains
World class technology
e-commerce features
multimedia features
site promotions
bonus feature

Totally agree. I don't think there could be such a thing as the best web hosting provider or top-something web hosts.

It is like we are trying to get the 10 best foods in the world. Everyone has a different view on what is the best. Some are contented with their servers while others want a faster and bigger server. My best web hosting company would be mediocre for you but your best could be my worst web hosting company.

Hello,
We all know that web hosting reviews are very important and they could help you make the right decision when it comes to choosing the best web hosting company for your website. These web hosting reviews contain vital information that could be very useful and could greatly influence your decision.

You can find lots of hosting reviews on the internet but you might be wondering which one is the best and gives the most accurate review. The answer is to look for the top 10 web hosting reviews list on the internet. Though there will be many lists available, you could just look for some companies that always get a spot in different list. This means that they are really capable of delivering good and high quality hosting services.

You can find lots of hosting reviews on the internet but you might be wondering which one is the best and gives the most accurate review. The answer is to look for the top 10 web hosting reviews list on the internet. Though there will be many lists available, you could just look for some companies that always get a spot in different list. This means that they are really capable of delivering good and high quality hosting services.

Respectfully I disagree. Many of these hosting provider lists give the top rankings to company's that pay for them :smash: