Traffic Appart from Google?

Zagor

Do your sites experience traffic apart from Google search engine? When compared to people coming from Google is this non-Google percentage high? I'm asking because my sites do incredibly well on Yahoo and Bing when it comes to ranking but the very number of visitors is surprisingly low.

I seem to get high traffic from weekly adverts we place on over 30 forums, then random direct traffic is the biggest, so most people know our name without finding us.

We also buy a few hits each month for seo reasons, so 20% comes from there.

We are page one in google for some keywords also, so we get high amounts from google.

We get 100 times more visits from Google search queries than we do either Bing or Yahoo. My perception right now is that Bing focuses more on titles, descriptions, social networking and outbound links than Google. Google is much more refined in determining content. :D

I just had a look at our Analytics here over the past 30 days (December 6, 2010 - January 5, 2011) and we're showing 36.82% of our traffic comes from search engines.

29% of all traffic on our site is from Google Organic and 6% from Google CPC which leaves about 2% to Yahoo and Bing combined.

Our target market is Google, so the above numbers fall in line with exactly what we're trying to accomplish.

So in essence, are you saying that other search engines are not worth the trouble? I know it's not like you have to do anything specifical to optimize your sites for Bing or Yahoo but I'm just asking.

I just had a look at our Analytics here over the past 30 days (December 6, 2010 - January 5, 2011) and we're showing 36.82% of our traffic comes from search engines.

29% of all traffic on our site is from Google Organic and 6% from Google CPC which leaves about 2% to Yahoo and Bing combined.

Our target market is Google, so the above numbers fall in line with exactly what we're trying to accomplish.

We're getting 35.2% from search engines and 3.87% from Google organic. Google CPC is at 28.82%. Google sends 92.8% of our search traffic, Yahoo 3.5% and Bing 2.9%.

Google just flat out works for us. :D

Did you guys look at the keywords being used to find you in google?

Are they finding you through your market niche or by searching your company name?

We get alot from google as well but it's mainly from people using the google searchbar on their browser typing in our company name at google.

definitely looking at the keywords :) If people search for our company name, they already know we exist, so they're not normally a new unique visitor. We usually get a couple hundred searches per month on variations of our company name.

So in essence, are you saying that other search engines are not worth the trouble? I know it's not like you have to do anything specifical to optimize your sites for Bing or Yahoo but I'm just asking.

When it comes to sales. Any traffic is worth the trouble.

Did you guys look at the keywords being used to find you in google?

Are they finding you through your market niche or by searching your company name?

We get alot from google as well but it's mainly from people using the google searchbar on their browser typing in our company name at google.
We absolutely look at keywords being used to find us, but we also look at search terms used more often in the industry and tweak our site(s) to match those queries.