Try surveying your customers

chatterbox

I have seen a lot of people ask things like what should I do to stand out or what are customers looking for in a web host, etc. Try asking your customers what they want by using a survey. I believe surveymonkey.com will let you do a small survey for free. Make sure to give multiple choice and a write-in comment section if possible. If you fine tune your business to what your customers are asking for as much as possible, you will pretty much be all set and they will spread the word about your terrific service.

An excellent suggestion. You might even be able to get feedback through a simple email sent out to current clients, asking specific questions and then asking for a more open and free and suggestion for improvements section.

Adding a live chatting agent can also help increase interactivity among users and ultimately drive up sales.

Communicating with customers personally is also a good idea, i.e. not only through a survey.

The only time I have seen this backfire is when someone becomes too personal with a client (or the other way around), otherwise its a good thought for those new to consider. I once knew someone that ended up dating one of their clients. :rolleyes2

A survey could work well at determining what potential customers want or are turned off by as well.

The only time I have seen this backfire is when someone becomes too personal with a client (or the other way around), otherwise its a good thought for those new to consider. I once knew someone that ended up dating one of their clients. :rolleyes2

Oh, I didn't mean that kind of personal. :D

I meant simply communicating individually with them, asking how things are going, etc.

Getting personal with your clients can surely help, helping out the client could in turn help you out if they refer someone to join your hosting.

This is a must for any serious business person. One thing we like doing along side the survey is build up a small customer improvement group. Basically a group of mature and discreet customers that you can go to with ideas. Sometimes the immediate feedback when you are in the middle of something is a great sense of assurance that you are doing something that your customers base will buy off on. But great idea!