Twitter

snorkel

Do you use twitter as part of your promoting and marketing efforts? I haven't seen that many hosters on twitter promoting their products and giving status updates.

I just recently made a Twitter account for business use. It's a great way to drive traffic to your site(s). I'm still getting used to tweeting, though. :p

One of the main things that I’ve discovered about Twitter is that no two Twitter users are using it in the same way. Almost every Twitter user that I come across tells me that they have a different objective when it comes to using it and are benefiting from it differently.

One of the main things that I’ve discovered about Twitter is that no two Twitter users are using it in the same way. Almost every Twitter user that I come across tells me that they have a different objective when it comes to using it and are benefiting from it differently.
And thats the best thing about twitter in my opinion - if it'd be only used as marketing tool people will start to avoid it, they have enough commercials in internet. We use twitter to inform followers whats up with our product and what we currently work on.

I have twitter account, I mainly use it for syndicating my blogs content through rss feeds linking to short urls.

if you take a look all the big organizations have an account on the twitter, it is the easiest way to keep people updates as you can send the update to bulk at an instance. It will help you in branding your company

We started one not long ago, and I've had a personal account for a while. I'm sure there's many of you that share my confusion for twitter's popularity, and perhaps even my opinion that it doesn't serve any particular GREAT purpose. But with millions of members it's what's "hip", and I'll take every opportunity I can to get my foot in the door with the world :)

I think Twitter is a great way to promote your business and offer hourly deals... I've seen lots of companies doing this sort of promotions.

If you manage using the Twitter tool as part of your promotional campaigns and packages, some great results would be achieved. For instance, using the social bookmarking sites and maintaining your quality blog which is regularly updated and then at the ending part of all the posts add your Twitter links.

Most of the people are using twitter for promoting their business, and they are doing this in a great way and also getting good respose from this and many are using it to provide information for their customers.

Couple of twitter tools are quite helpful to utilize twitter in full potential such as CoTweet, TweetThis plugin, Twitterholic and GroupTweet etc

I use Twitter everyday and I can tell you that it's become a vital part of our business.

We use it for a few purposes.

1. To show that we're human beings with opinions and a stake in the industry.

2. To stay in touch with customers, colleagues, and competitors.

3. To disseminate the occasional promotion (we'll generate a particular code and use a particular link ID to track where it came from)

4. To help identify customer service issues before they become bigger problems. With 45 million some-odd users, not having a Twitter presence can be the death knell of your business if you're customers are using it. Staying on top of it helps us fix problems quickly, and it serves as a great PR tool because you are publicly fixing issues.

Twitter was earlier regarded as the micro-blogging and status update tool, but right now is mainly a promotion tool for many webmasters, brands and web-based companies.

Its a great way to let a bulk load of followers know about any offers, discounts etc. only if you could manage to get a good number of followers reading your tweets/status updates. You need to have relevant people following you, for the best benefit from twitter. If you are not able to manage the following/followers number well, its waste of promoting your company there.

Twitter is also helpful as a customer service, where small doubts about your company asked by anyone, can be solved out there itself, instantly.