video tutorials on cpanel

Not sure what you mean by video tutorials on cpanel? If it is something that companies like demodemo.com already doing, then according to feedback of their respective clients - it does reduce the number of support tickets submitted by hosting users.

What your support staff knows is irrelevant in relation to the videos.
What is far more important is that these flash demos cut down on support requests.
We include a link in all our welcome emails to our flash demos and we get very few support requests that are covered by them.

You can go ahead and pay an extra staff member or you can make a one time purchase of the tutorials. The decisions seems pretty easy to me.

And yes, DemoDemo.com is a great source for high quality tutorials.

The video tutorials help a lot with our clients and help reduce the amount of support requests you get. X3 comes with the videos already embeded inside of Cpanel. Youll notice when you load cpanel for the first time on a new domain it asks if you want to review the video tutorial.

I have used videos in the past as well that I have purchased. Keeps your clients informed and your support requests down

I have used demodemo and yes it is a good way to learn. I don't know that video tutorials will teach all that's needed to learn as oppose to just out right asking. I wouldn't recommend it but it surely is your choice. It might just work out for you.

If the support staff is qualitative :)

If support staff keep their eyes open while working, they'd soon feel any tutorial is obsolete, coz cPanel or any hosting panel has updates on a regular basis, quicker than most tutorials are updated. Client End tutorials are a must though. (coz a picture says a thousand words.)

The cPanel videos are there for the end-users not your support staff. Your staff should already know how to navigate cPanel.

Now, whether or not an end-user will actually view the video provided will entirely depend on the end-user.

Our experience has been that a small percentage will view the video. It's far easier for them to log a support ticket or make call than it is for them to watch the video - I know I know - I don't understand it either BUT most of us in this business are NOT the typical end-user.

We've had videos for about 4 years now - not too many people go to the videos. Much like Peter, since we have live chat on our sites, people find it much easier to go online and chat.

It's like a Knowledgebase in that regard - it's handy to post a URL to the client so they know the KB exists, but very few search the KB's first and then ask a question.

No different than forums I guess - people post rather than doing a search to see if the question has been asked 1000 times before. Not necessarily this post, but I'm sure you know the posts ;)

yeah, most people do not like watching the videos. They just find it easier contact sales or tech support depending on the problem.

yeah, most people do not like watching the videos. They just find it easier contact sales or tech support depending on the problem.

Sure, this is an easier and quicker way to resolve their problem.But without reading different articles and watching tutorail videos they even won't know how to manage their Control panel and their account.

Opinions differ :):)