VPS provisioning.

ultimahosts

I wonder how long does a VPS provisioning take to you?. I would like to see the average time used for it, either in Virtuozzo or Hyper V.
Thank you!

Are you looking for just creating a node, or setting up an entire system with ability for "X" nodes?

Creating a node takes just a few minutes - we then have whitebox installations that we can run on the server which take a few minutes to copy in which then prep the server for software etc by the client.

In all, maybe 15 minutes total (probably less) for a cPanel VPS to be provisioned and ready. If a user wants the cPanel WHM configured then for immediate use, then tack on another 30-40 minutes configuration time by our admins to setup their namesevers, optimize the machine and compile Apache etc.

the best is, expect for at least 3 hour before you get ur VPS login details if u did order anything custom

Ours is automated from image, so providing you choose a pre built image its anywhere from 10-30 minutes depeding on the drive size.

Yes, acceptable times range from 10 minutes to an hour, unless of course custom work has to be done by a tech, and in that case it should take no more than 4 hours.

It totally depends on the initial configuration and software needed to be installed. I know most cPanel VPS usually take at least a couple hours for the installation and configuration of cPanel alone.

We take about 10 min - 40 min. We automate the VPS provisioning with WHMCS, and it installs our standard image with cPanel, Fantastico and then sends the client a EMail with his details. Except if we have to setup custom nameservers it's done in 10 minutes.