Vps

Status
Not open for further replies.

webling

I'm searching for a good VPS hosting company since the one I'm using now isn't very good and the commands that are supposed to work actually don't even when I follow the documentation in the VPS. I've worked with linux servers for the past 15 years and never encountered this problem so it tells me something is really messed up with the VPS I am currently working with.

The best suggestion would be to look in the advertising section on this site or on WHT and try to find a host that is in your price budget and that has good reviews.

What sort of budget do you have? Any specific requirements? This sort of information will help us to point you in the right direction

What sort of budget do you have? Any specific requirements? This sort of information will help us to point you in the right direction

Second this.

I would look in the offers section, plenty of good Companies and deals.

I'm searching for a good VPS hosting company since the one I'm using now isn't very good and the commands that are supposed to work actually don't even when I follow the documentation in the VPS. I've worked with linux servers for the past 15 years and never encountered this problem so it tells me something is really messed up with the VPS I am currently working with.

Ok, we're ten days down the road. Where are you on this issue now?

A VPS generally provides with root access, so the commands should work. What are the exact problems that you are currently facing ?

VPS are provided by most webhosting providers,they sell shared hosting as well as VPS,even dedicated server.
Lots of entries could be searched from the search engine.

Jumpline might be ok for VPS, hostv seemed ok too for what I need. Hostv claims their cpanel allows unlimited domains. I find it hard to believe since in my experience, administrative software requires a license and it sets a limit on how many domains an admin can host in the server. At least this has been my experience using Plesk. Unless of course Cpanel is different or Hostv is just downright generous.

There are many provider who are providing clustered VPS solutions , Please take a look at offers section of this forum and you will fine better solutions provider

hi
what is price budget.some companies provide best vps hosting in linux hosting and these companies vps hosting services is well.

Jumpline might be ok for VPS, hostv seemed ok too for what I need. Hostv claims their cpanel allows unlimited domains. I find it hard to believe since in my experience, administrative software requires a license and it sets a limit on how many domains an admin can host in the server. At least this has been my experience using Plesk. Unless of course Cpanel is different or Hostv is just downright generous.

Well, there is limit of domains when you go with a reseller.

Basically, there are two types of license offered by hosting panels
1. For limited domain numbers.
2. For unlimited domain hosting. (it is not actually unlimited because of course every machine has a limit to host a number of accounts on it and when that limit is full, it starts giving you issues of downtime, slow browsing etc)

So, if a host has installed license with unlimited domains on server, of course it can offer you unlimited domains in a VPS.

What they are doing is limiting you by the resources they sell you on the account you choose. It's called "Overselling" and is quite common in the reseller business. Your disk space, CPU resources or something will force you to upgrade after you sell so many accounts.

The only time I'm comfortable with the term "Unlimited" being used is in the number of accounts your allowed. Most clients know that they are limited by their resources but I guess it should be explained to be above board.

Plesk actually changed the way their software worked because of this issue. Now you can oversell even with Plesk.

redham

We host our main website on a VPS with Resellerzoom. I'd recommend trying them out, as we've had a great experience with this VPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.