Warning NetworkSolution

$alesMan

There has been an uproar today about a recent devious tactic being used by one of the original ICANN accredited registrars, NetworkSolutions. Apparently they are internally registering each and every domain name that a user searches for using their website, essentially holding it hostage so that it can not be purchased at any other significantly cheaper and more ethical registrar.

NetworkSolutions Scandal: Hijacking User Domain Searches

I know this is the second post with there link in a week. I want to make it clear I'm in no way affiliated with them other then the owner is a fellow member on a forum I go to.

Anyway's I'm concerned. I'm halfway tempted to make an automated bot to search all open domains and have them all locked. I think the domain indestry will see how bad domain tasting is. I've always been against it since day one.

The thing is they are not actually breaking the law by doing this so companies cannot take them to court. Hopefully they will soon run out of money by doing this.

Hopefully they will soon run out of money by doing this.
They won't, as they only keep the domain fora couple of days, while the money can be recouped. See domain tasting.

They won't, as they only keep the domain fora couple of days, while the money can be recouped. See domain tasting.

Yes that is correct. They can keep it for like 4 days for free. I love there reply in dotsauce. How are they protecting there customers?
And I can't find anything on Icann that is a violation. Apparently this is legal however unethical. I hope this bites them in the a$$ as well.

at first i thought this was not real - but i just went there to pretend to register a domain and it was avaialble

went back to our site to register the same domains and BANG!!! taken - also, did a whois search
domain take today by guess who NetworkSolutions

how low can you really go -- sad the industry gets a bad wrap when players like this screw the general public

Thanks for the headsup on the warning, sometimes its really hard to stay atop of everything in the geek world, no matter how hard we try!