Wasted domains

sherwood

I hate it when noticing that a registrant wastes a great domain name and just keeps renewing the domain without creating a website for it. Is there any rule or legislation to keep a domain from being wasted that way?

I totally agree. There should be a rule or something regarding domain squatting.

So many great domains out there are taken by squatters that are doing absolutely nothing with them and asking thousands of dollars to sell.

:crash:

I generally host my domains on free parking sites with some service(anything like url shortening etc). these services also help my domains to be indexed by google.

nothing wrong in making my "wasted" domains popular. :D

I hate it when noticing that a registrant wastes a great domain name and just keeps renewing the domain without creating a website for it. Is there any rule or legislation to keep a domain from being wasted that way?

There is not. People will always have unused domains. THey either have no use for them at the moment or maybe looking to sell them. It is fair game imho.

LOL, I know that. I think it's OK to keep and park long ordinary domains which has little value in terms of SEO and branding. But they also keep great domains like Wikitips.com wasted for so long.

hehe I'm guilty! I have tons of domains just sitting around and waiting to be sold one day. :shh:

Noone wants to buy 3 month old domains, so you have to wait a few years to sell them so their value goes up. :devil:

hehe I'm guilty! I have tons of domains just sitting around and waiting to be sold one day. :shh:

Noone wants to buy 3 month old domains, so you have to wait a few years to sell them so their value goes up. :devil:

Absolutely Correct.

I understand there is a market for domains, but it still irritates me when I see a great name sitting idle.

Unfortunately it is part of the game. And it is business. You can not ban Domain registrars or anyone from registering domains. Anyone might have any future plans to explore a certain web address... otherwise I completely agree with you arguments.

Move on. Their domain is the box they built. Look at what they built then look outside it.

(I)t is part of the game. And it is business. You can not ban Domain registrars or anyone from registering domains. .
:thumbup:

Like real estate there is always a new property out their that will work for you. Maybe an even better one. Unlike real estate the internet and it's searches are always changing Ride that wave .

Related Q.? Three years later are most unused domain names still vital, still current? Is is it worth the cost to park them if you have no plans for them whatsoever?

Regulations on Domain names

Making regulations won't make everyone happy. It would seem that if someone really wanted to purchase one of these hidden treasures that there should be some type of regulator, like a Realtor helps with selling your house, that could help with formalities. Now that would be something....:agree:

Well, its a waste for the registrant, since he pays for the domain he doesn't actually use, its not a waste for the domain though, since the registrant does have the money to pay for it.