Watch Out For Scammer Alert!!!

Harry

Hey everyone.

I just thought I'd post this up, so others are alerted about this scammer.

He is also apparently a member of this forum. I didn't know about it till a few days ago.

He uses the following "known" usernames on forums: ntfu2, FightRice, seovb

He is already banned on a few forums and has scammed a few others.
DigitalPoint (he's already banned for scamming someone there, as I noticed a few days ago) http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=7115

He also has tried scamming people on WebHostingTalk.
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=718728

I know he posts on MANY other forums, and people need to be much more alert of him.

As some of you might know, I posted my website for sale. I got a high bid from the user ntfu2 on NamePros forum. He won the auction and sent me payment. I got the payment and verified it. It was good and I exported the database of my forum, uploaded it via FTP and sent him the download link. He didn't need any of the files etc.. just the database, because he was going to merge my forum data with his. I even offered to help him merge or transfer if needed. He seemed like a nice guy and I liked his speedy communication.

Well about a day later, I get home only to find a Paypal Dispute email.

He stated that: He never got the goods from me and has tried to contact me several times without any reply.

Now I was very confused at this point... why? because I went to his forum http://seotips4.com/ and he had merged my database with his. So, how could he have NOT gotten the good/files?

Also, I never got any PM's or emails sent from this guy regarding any issues.
I also had transfered the domain, the same time I uploaded the database link. So at this point his info showed on the whois at the registrar.

So, I sent Paypal and email and told them about this issue. Luckly, a few other domain registrars whois records were not updated yet. So I still showed up as the owner. I took screenshots of it all, as well as my old forum and the one where he merged the database. I also had messages of him via PM, stating he got the files and domain name.

I did send ntfu2 a PM, asking why he has lied to Paypal about contacting me and not getting the files, when in reality he did? I mean, I can see it with my own eyes on his forum, so why lie and cheat me?

Paypal later contacted me back and stated that they usually don't cover intangible items, however the user seems to have 2 prior recent disputes as well. The disputed were the same type: "goods not recived and no response from seller".

They also went through all my screen shots and finally favored in my decision.

I had no idea, that he'd done the same thing to 2 other people before me. If I had known that, I'd never have accepted his funds.

I wanted to find out, who these other 2 people were, but Paypal wouldn't tell me. So, whoever they were, I hope they got they funds back as well.

Anyways.. a lesson was learned here. ALWAYS keep proof of being a owner. I think the best way to sell is to use media mail. At least that way PP has a tracking code confirmation and/or signature. So, that way they know the item was been received by buyer.

Just watch out for this guy before you deal with him. Otherwise you'll end up spending a few days of heck like I did. :crash:

Yeah I have had this happen before with other people too. They buy hosting and a week or so later dispute the charges. Usually because they found out that I had it set so that they couldnt send out buck loads of spam. LOL.

I started to do more research with my clients when I get them. My system is set up for auto setup but Ill still go in and google the domain name, the persons name, DNS check, whois etc... and make sure things match up.

There have already been a few times Ive done an automatic refund and cancelation after doing ressearch. Never had a complaint LOL

I swear people are just pure lazy and think things should be handed to them. They have no sense of price, hard work or any type of ethics. I am happy to see you are speading this word around and hope it can help others. People like this need ditched in the ocean.

I have had a similar exp.

a person which I can not rem the name said they had a hosting company for sale for $600 with about 100 clients... I should have seen something coming then seemed too CHEAP!!

Any way I told him that I would give him $300 now and another after the transfer of the domain and clients took place. which he agreed too. but instead of giving me access to his data base for the billing he gave me screen shots of the clients emails Which actually belonged to that company that he worked for...

Anyway I sent out about 100 emails to all the clients on the list explaining the sale of the company and that I was taking it over and they were going to have to change their NS to my NS if they managed their own domain. Well a couple days later I got an email from the actual owner of said company which I found out was sold to Godaddy uck! and he wanted to know why I was emailing all his clients.

Well with all said and done I explained what had happened and I got my $300 back from paypal. the funny thing about it was that he got a friend of his to act as the owner of the company for sale and even managed to get a photocopy of his DL to prove to me he owned the company.

I wish I knew his name/handle because this seems like something he would do as well. I am thinking it is the same person....

Unbelievable

Unfortunately, there seem to be more ways to scam someone online than offline. You can't even go by gut feelings when you don't meet someone in person. Definitely do your due diligence with anything involving larger sums of money and always CYA with the documentation every step of the way.

Paypal disputes have a lot to answer for in my opinion.
I say that because my account has recently been frozen by a buyer saying they never recieved the item when I know they did! :sad:
It happens alot. Its a good loophole for scammers.

hmm to many scam and people say scam out there sometimes, scamers say scam to host company after get termination or scam action like this...not sure most have good rating on forum can do this too:smash:

This guy is stupid, why is he posting under the same username. At lease if you are going to scam someone use a different name LOL.

Anyways scammers should all rot in hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting