we acquired tophostinguk.com

easyhostmedia

Hi All

Recently we took over another host Tophosting UK (tophostinguk.com). we had to take down the site design as we were emailed by a company who stated they designed the site and owned the copyright and they demanded £600 of unpaid bills, even though these were in the name of a limited company.

so i got a new designed and have been working on this over the last few days. please check the site out http://tophostinguk.com/index.html and give me your views on it so far and let me know if their are any tweeks needed ( yes i know the logo looks bad, i am having a new one created). final hosting plans are being worked on, unless you think the ones i have are OK

Looks clean and professional but it feels like there are too much stuff happening on the front page. Maybe remove a couple things but leave the middle section (packages) alone. Maybe remove the "Special Introductory Offers!" underneath the middle area?

Looks a tad bit busy still. I still feel the bottom has too much stuff. Maybe it is just me? Wait and see what the others say.

Looks a tad bit busy still. I still feel the bottom has too much stuff. Maybe it is just me? Wait and see what the others say.

maybe its the twitter feed that looks out of place. trouble is most of the images are hardcoded into the css for some reason.

managed to remove twitter feed from bottom of front page

Last edited:
Actually, that helped. I have no more issues with design now lol

now just waiting for the theme devs to integrate my logo as for all its a png logo in the images folder, it is linked somehow to the css as the theme of the site can be changed to a diff colour which will also change the logo colour, but does not work if i add my own logo png

now just waiting for the theme devs to integrate my logo as for all its a png logo in the images folder, it is linked somehow to the css as the theme of the site can be changed to a diff colour which will also change the logo colour, but does not work if i add my own logo png

In the CSS that the color picker reads from, it has a url pre-programmed for each image. If you identify the file names being called, then just upload your logos with the same names. Don't forget to delete cache to update. To identify file names and css name, use firebug + firefox.

In the CSS that the color picker reads from, it has a url pre-programmed for each image. If you identify the file names being called, then just upload your logos with the same names. Don't forget to delete cache to update. To identify file names and css name, use firebug + firefox.

yes tried that and it did nothing, just turned my logo into white text, so he must have some other coding in the script

Very nice site! Only thing I would change is the middle area where there is image of different screens >> looks a little squashed.

tophostinguk.com

Hi

Banner looks impressive, is it in jQuery?

Might be worth to bring section of "Free 1-Click Script Installs" upper in the page.

My only note is that you have United Kingdo in the country selector in the upper right corner of the main page. Perhaps widening the window a bit or replacing it with UK would help.

Also, there should be a clearly visible chat button, not only a link, one of many links in a row. Some also would try to use proactive chat invitations, but people mostly finde these annoying and I would not recommend doing it.

Great job with the rest, I really like the layout, everything is placed well.

My only note is that you have United Kingdo in the country selector in the upper right corner of the main page. Perhaps widening the window a bit or replacing it with UK would help.

Also, there should be a clearly visible chat button, not only a link, one of many links in a row. Some also would try to use proactive chat invitations, but people mostly finde these annoying and I would not recommend doing it.

Spot on HostZealot! "United Kingdom" in country selector is reading "United Kingdor" because the select list is not wide enough to read last character, so this is something to fix : )

Last edited:

sorted the UK thing out, but no live chat on the site at the moment, not even links. only links to contact me is a contact form or a link to my other site WHMCS support system

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123