we have a lot of lurkers around here

If you are referring to the stats: Currently Active Users: 77 (5 members and 72 guests) AsianGirl, it's a little misleading.
All (most) of those guests are actually search engine spiders. They are not actually people looking at the site.

this is a dumb question but ....
how do you get search engine spiders in your forums ??

Edit: sorry>.. ...didn't mean to post twice :disagree:

It's pretty common. Search engines spider the web in general. The bigger your site the more it will get hit.
You can set an htaccess file to prevent it, but they really don't do any harm.

The number of "guests" can also appear high depending on the time out of the forum. HD seems to have a high time out time so even though those spiders have come and gone they still show as being online.

Last edited:
Keston E. said:
Has anyone seen artashes ?.
I have. Why? :)

For those who thought I was away a lot in recent days, that is because: I was organizing a conference for business students at my university; was working at the fashion show in Montreal; got a great management position at a very well-known dot-com company, although I turned it down because can't dedicate myself to it full-time with school playing a key role.

But I've been visiting HD every day (maybe not for long) and made sure the rules (Ah! The Rules!) are being followed.

Best,

What is the timeout set to here?
It seems really high or else the search engines are spidering it a huge amount hehe
Google rankings are great for this site, I find good info from here just by searching google

AsianGirl said:
hi Artashes - long time no see :) how's everything going with you?
Same goes to you. I'm doing fine, but extremely busy lately. I figure its better be busy than not having anything to do. :cool:

Hahaha!
Hello there search engine lurker. How do you do? :)

Actually, I still consider myself a lurker since I am just new to the community.
So what I do is view each forum and get the feel of the kind of atmosphere we have here.

Nonetheless, if there is anyone out there who is simply reading the threads and not registering at all, I invite you to join! It is really cool to be in a community. Go ahead. What are you waiting for?

Take care everyone!

:)