We have A Very Strange VPS Client

cheapdedicated

We have an interesting VPS Client. This client has been with us for a year now. Now every month he orders one VPS same specifications, price etc. They use the VPS for one month and instead of renewing that VPS they order a new one. There are no reports of abuse on any of the VPS during that month.

There is no network abuse identified and However much we have tried to write to the client he never responds and has never opened a support ticket. We dont have an issue with him as he doesnt violate any terms but the usage is a bit strange.

We have an interesting VPS Client. This client has been with us for a year now. Now every month he orders one VPS same specifications, price etc. They use the VPS for one month and instead of renewing that VPS they order a new one. There are no reports of abuse on any of the VPS during that month.

There is no network abuse identified and However much we have tried to write to the client he never responds and has never opened a support ticket. We dont have an issue with him as he doesnt violate any terms but the usage is a bit strange.

Very strange as it makes more work for both parties, what are they doing with a VPS in a month to have to go through the hassle of changing every month.
maybe they think they still be constantly covered by any Moneyback Guarantee as these are new orders each month.

Very strange as it makes more work for both parties, what are they doing with a VPS in a month to have to go through the hassle of changing every month.
maybe they think they still be constantly covered by any Moneyback Guarantee as these are new orders each month.

Well the VPS have a website with just a couple of pages Its less than 10Mbs No databases. Really basic and our contact was to advise him to use a shared plan that is way cheaper but we never get feedback.

Well the VPS have a website with just a couple of pages Its less than 10Mbs No databases. Really basic and our contact was to advise him to use a shared plan that is way cheaper but we never get feedback.

weird though to keep backing this up and changing it to another VPS each month.

yes a Shared is the best for this sort of site.

I haven't heard that one before :).

I guess if he isn't doing anything wrong then you're just going to have to let him be though that is strange indeed.

Doesn't sound like this is the case as he has been with him for a year now. I am sure if he was claiming a refund every month @cheapdedicated would have caught on by now :p

Doesn't sound like this is the case as he has been with him for a year now. I am sure if he was claiming a refund every month @cheapdedicated would have caught on by now :p

I never said he was claiming every month, even after being with him for years, he may think if he takes a new order and it fails he could claim under the MBG, so he creates a new order each month thinking if he needs he can claim

You should check his name in fraud records. There are similar requests from group of people mostly fraudulent and using stolen cards. These cases are always being reported in the industry, check thoroughly and see it yourself.

You should check his name in fraud records. There are similar requests from group of people mostly fraudulent and using stolen cards. These cases are always being reported in the industry, check thoroughly and see it yourself.

Well I have tried to do checks he seems clean. And the server has no abuse at all. But however much I try he wont respond to our emails. He just keeps doing the same over and over. For now I can only Look on.

I had a similar customer quite a while ago, from China. He only used windows. I think it had something to do with Ebay. He would have between 5 and 20 VPS with me at any one time, but when he wanted a new one he would cancel one first. This went on for a year or two. I was at Burstnet at the time and you may know what eventually happened.

Well I have tried to do checks he seems clean. And the server has no abuse at all. But however much I try he wont respond to our emails. He just keeps doing the same over and over. For now I can only Look on.

Is his email an active email address, as in he may not be getting your emails

but when he wanted a new one he would cancel one first. This went on for a year or two. I was at Burstnet at the time and you may know what eventually happened.

I guess Burstnet Closed Down and he ended up at my place only this one isnt from China this time so its his friend LOL

It sounds like he may just be trying to get a new ip address every month with ordering a new vps every month.

There are many reasons why a client would need a new IP without generating any abuse complaints. One of it would be to lose his trail in case he is DDoSed or someone is trying to brute force/ hack him.

I once heard about a client was buying VPSes and renewing them using the cancel and buy a new one technique, that was running a indian visa application system for non-technical bangladeshi citizens and needed new IPs because the indian government website would keep banning his IPs.

SEO, maybe? I dunno.
If he's not causing any problems and the IP reputation is pretty good, not sure I'd be making much fuss.

We aint having any fuss over this client. We are OK with him but just shared here a strange behavior but one that doesnt break our terms and therefore nothing to inconvenience the client about.