Web Design tutorials?

tobie

I'm still an amateur in the field of web design. I feel that my web designing skill is not that good enough and I would like to learn more to become a professional web designer. Do you know any legal websites that offers free tutorial of web design? I don't want to take classes because I'm tight on budget.

What do you need tutorials for specifically?
You could do a basic Google search and find plenty of tutorials on the specifics you are looking for.

You could also search youtube for video tutorials if you are not the reading type. There is lots of helpful information there.

I second the youtube suggestion. I found a number of useful things there when I was first starting. There are tons of varieties and perspectives there, so it gives you a nice mix of stuff.

theirs a lot of tutorial on google, i would start with HTML aand go on from their.

you should get dreamweaver program its one of the best editer..

Being tight on a budget and getting DreamWeaver doesn't fit on the same sentence. :disagree: However, there is certainly a ton of free info all over the Internet. Good luck with your web design career. :)

Hello,

Ease into CSS in your web design, use this easy into tutorial

CSS files have the extention.css and are linked to the page using the link tag found inside the tags of your HTML document.

For example, my site's style sheet may be called SiteStyles.css and it would be linked to as

<html> <head> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SiteStyles.css" /> </head> <body> Put my body here </body> </html>

In the style sheet itself you would have the CSS rules which contain the selector and the declaration. The sector is the HTML element or the ID / class. Don't worry about the the ID / class, we'll cover them later, for now, lets just work with HTML Tags.
Thanks

There are a number of sites about on the internet with mixed styles of teaching and different approaches, though there are a number of great books that can act as a good start point. Web Programming by Chris Bates (3rd edition) is a good one for the background knowledge that seems to be the academic choice in the universities in the UK, I've also heard of mixed use of the dummies series of books for more hands on knowledge.

As far as the appearance or actual design/layout, it's something that you pickup, essentially different styles work better with different groups or communities this does go as far (backed by research) as specific colours preferred by age, gender etc.

That said the best way to learn is throw out a number of designs and have them reviewed by a number of different people. :)

another site for the list could be: http://www.code-simple.co.uk

Last edited:
you can find many source of tutorials on web, just google bit..

MOD NOTE: Post edited.

4.3 Signatures must be setup in your profile and not manually added to your messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
A great site I like to use is psdtuts.com go there and look at their network of sites. There are many that will be helpful in design of all kinds including web sites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123