Web hosting and using my domain name.

s_erez

Hi,
I own my domain name (.co.il domain) and my web site was hosted on a hosting service for some time.
I am looking for a free web hosting where i can host my web site with no ads and still use my domain.
I was thinking about using OfficeLive which is free but will not support domain other then .com .net ...
Any suggestions for a free hosting service which I can direct my domain to?
Thanks.
Erez.

I know a company called freehosting that my friend used to use for testing. After 2 years of running with no issues his account disappeared. So get low cost hosting accont and don't risk your website.

Will you monetize the website? If so, it's better to take it seriously from the beginning and go for paid hosting. Using paid hosting, you can get better service and less problems in the future when you website grows and gets more traffic. Anyway, you can try 000web**** (sorry, is it not allowed to post brand names here?). They allow you to use your own domain name.

sorry, is it not allowed to post brand names here?

If you type in the name and it comes out like this: *****, it means the company in question was found spamming the forum, so the name had to be censored to prevent further abuse.

I know a company called freehosting that my friend used to use for testing. After 2 years of running with no issues his account disappeared. So get low cost hosting accont and don't risk your website.

I couldn't agree more with this. There's nothing wrong in being cautious. :)

I think x10hosting is the best. But now-a-days too cheap hosting can be found. 3-10 usd/yr is not a matter i think.