Web Page Creating Software

CountryBoy

This'll reveal me as the newbie I am but I would like to improve my site. I currently work with Hostmonster and I have been pleased with the customer service and the price. Their page wizard however really sucks. It does everything I want it to however it is difficult to work with and doesn't always to what I want it to. Does anyone know where I can get software that does the same thing but works and allows me to by pass the system I've been using?

As rule any web hosting package comming with site builder. As for me dreamviewer is one of the best for web pages creation.

Try to work with Dreamweaver, great application. Otherwise u can train some skills with Coffeecup site builder, excelent software :).

Notepad enables you to do anything you want to with your code, and typically has no restrictions, and will usually work exactly the way you intend...without surprises, and without compatibility issues.

Dreamweaver is a good program, however its usually worth it to learn the actual coding. I use a program called UltraEdit, just a fancy notepad really.

Notepad enables you to do anything you want to with your code, and typically has no restrictions, and will usually work exactly the way you intend...without surprises, and without compatibility issues.
Yup, yup. I have Dreamweaver and never really use it. Definitely makes me happy I didn't pay for it (won it) as I always end up using Notepad instead. Its so much sleeker and doesn't have all the confusing buttons. :agree:

I use NVU personally, and I have never had any issues with it at all.

There may be some better options out there if you are willing to pay for them, but NVU still is pretty much the king of free HTML editors.

You get most of the same features of Dreamweaver or Frontpage, and it is just as easy to use.

We downloaded Kompozer but I'm pretty inept and am not really able to put together what I want. I really haven't had the time to learn it much either. I'm trying to get my oldest son to screw around with it and then show me what he's learned. Kids these days pick this stuff up way faster than some of us old fogies.

NVU development has stopped. Kompozer.net is NVU, with fewer bugs.

Yes, but Kompozer is still based off of the NVU source code. Also the product is still not changed enough from NVU to be considered an entirely different product yet.

Either way, Kompozer/NVU is the best free HTML editor on the market currently.