webhostingtalk are crazy

easyhostmedia

I think WHT are crazy

I was banned in 2009 for reporting a scammer and yet the scammer remained on WHT and still does.
today i get an email from WHT

subject: Haven't Joined the Discussion? Why Not?

Haven't Joined the Discussion? Why Not?

Whether you need advice, have an idea to share or just want to interact with like-minded professionals, Web Hosting Talk is the place to be.

WHT is the largest online community to be a member of if you are buying or selling web hosting or just need advice about dedicated servers, cloud infrastructure, colocation, datacenter services, web design templates and custom code, security solutions, IP space and ASN servicing, domain names, managed services or SEO.

We've highlighted some trending forums and tops posts to get you started:

I just sent them an email to their new parent company Informa telling them why sent this when they banned me in 2009 for reporting a scammer while allowing the scammer to remain

I also dislike WHT as well I wish that they would hire new staff to run those forums. I was also banned recently for no darn reason. pisses me off hugely.

LMAO, that's to funny. I wish HD was more active like they were but hey maybe something is holding HD back right now.

So, you continue to harass them, and you wonder why they banned you. Shocking...

The answer is quite simple. Create a filter to delete the messages and you won't ever see them. Not that complicated to do.

But do we want HD to be as big as WHT and lose its friendly and helpful approach like WHT has

I would say if HD got more active then wht there would need to be a professional standard put in place for all those that work for HD. The Friendliness would need to continue on all levels.

However, with that being said we also have to take into account that wht maybe has been up a little longer then HD. I believe the owner said in other post that HD lost some attention due to the market.

So, you continue to harass them, and you wonder why they banned you. Shocking...

The answer is quite simple. Create a filter to delete the messages and you won't ever see them. Not that complicated to do.

NO
its the first email i had had in 10 year since they banned me and they asked the question

Haven't Joined the Discussion? Why Not?

so i told them why not.

i was banned as i reported a scammer who was on their forum and they allowed this scammer to remain.

as i was banned 10 year ago an no longer a member then sending the email breach the GDPR, so before long they will find out that they wont be allowed to hold details of any UK or EU person on a computer file or manual file.

I just sent them an email to their new parent company Informa telling them why

That there is a problem in itself. The new company is very heavy on their email marketing. What's worse, their "unsubscribe" feature doesn't even work. I have repeatedly tried to unsubscribe from their newsletters (to things I did not even sign up for in the first place), yet I kept on receiving them.

I raised a question by making a post on WHT and it received enough replies to realize there was an issue. At some point one of the WHT staff members posted an email reply he received from an Informa employee with instructions and an email address to write to in order to rectify the issue locally. That post was removed super quickly, sending a signal they weren't that interested in people leaving their mailing lists.

Interestingly, it has been many months of calmness, until just days ago I received a brand new newsletter. :smash:

However, with that being said we also have to take into account that wht maybe has been up a little longer then HD. I believe the owner said in other post that HD lost some attention due to the market.

The owner said that all hosting forums in general have seen a decline for a number of reasons, including due to hosting market changes. ;)

That there is a problem in itself. The new company is very heavy on their email marketing. What's worse, their "unsubscribe" feature doesn't even work. I have repeatedly tried to unsubscribe from their newsletters (to things I did not even sign up for in the first place), yet I kept on receiving them.

I raised a question by making a post on WHT and it received enough replies to realize there was an issue. At some point one of the WHT staff members posted an email reply he received from an Informa employee with instructions and an email address to write to in order to rectify the issue locally. That post was removed super quickly, sending a signal they weren't that interested in people leaving their mailing lists.

Interestingly, it has been many months of calmness, until just days ago I received a brand new newsletter. :smash:

Because their unsubscribe button does not work and they sending these to people that have never requested these then they are in breach of the GDPR, so after contacting then ICO in then UK who have had many complaints about this, they are in then process of working with other UK authorities to close down all the Informa offices in then UK and EU and revoking their GDPR registration. this would make it a criminal and federal offence if they stored personal details of any EU/UK person on computer databases or manual files.

I also dislike WHT as well I wish that they would hire new staff to run those forums. I was also banned recently for no darn reason. pisses me off hugely.

I honestly feel with WHT they only support the bigger companies - from their business prospective it is more revenue for them! Which is such a bad outlook as they are basically killing competition BUT thank goodness for HostingDiscussion hey ;)