Websites with Google Search Box

Westpoint

I saw some websites on where Google Search Box is the only thing you can find. While it is very easy to design websites of this type, do you think such websites would attract many visitors?

If you're looking to attract visitors through SEO process or natural process, then you're not going to get very far as there's no information on the page.

Usually sites with a search box will be setup to search their site first, then mix in google results, but a page with just a search option is not going to get very far on it's own.

Google provides 2 different search engine services

free & paid

The free one will include Google results and Google Ads
The paid will be dedicated only for your website and you can add your own Adsense account and get paid for that.

The benefits of have Google Search Engine rather than your own one is:
- Adsense account
- Better Indexed Page
- Faster Search and can be called CDN search
- Somehow better SEO service
- increase your conversions
- Customer trust & satisfaction

This will not attract visitors, I think it is an option given on the website for the visitors to search in Google if the required information is not available on that particular website.

I dont personally think this is a good idea it makes your site less attractive also if people wanted to search for something on Google the likely hood is that they would rather go to Google direct.

That is a good point, Primalhost. I don't think this type of website is very attractive myself. It's just the lazy way of monetizing your parked domain using Google Adsense.

I think that it's a bad idea to put a google search box etc on your site to attract visitors. Try using natural SEO techniques like using legit content (not copied) and nice user friendly design etc. Users are always attracted to the content in the site.. :)

I saw some websites on where Google Search Box is the only thing you can find. While it is very easy to design websites of this type, do you think such websites would attract many visitors?

Website with "google search box" only is waste of time and money, if you have web site with the content and google search box than its good as a addon

It cannot potentially attract more visitors + It tells the visitors that the coder was lazy enought not to design own search tool .

I'm not sure I understand what the OP means. If you are referring to making a web page that is completely black with the exception of a Google search bar in the middle of it, then you are wasting your time and money. It will not get popular. People use Google, not other Google-based clones.

If what you meant was to replace the search function on your site with the Google search function, than that would probably also be a bad idea because instead of taking users to the page of your site, searched keywords will take them to a Google page containing a link towards your page, so it would involve extra-clicking.

Good point Obelix!
Everybody will use the original Google for a search.
On the other hand why should I send people away from my site instead of redirecting them to one of my site's page?

Why on earth would anyone visit this page to search anything in the web if he can do it right in the address bar of his browser.

Google search box doesn't make any benefits in website ranking and popularity, if one want to do some search he/she will directly go to google.

I haven't run across any of these sites, but I have seen a number of sites with two search boxes - one to search Google and one to search that specific site.