What Are The Best Hosting Features?

Hypnotique

What would you say that the best features included in hosting packages is. Also, unique features that the company add on could be considered as well. I am just curious to see how many different opinions there is on this. I believe that unique templates are good to include.

I would say the best hosting feature is cpanel, seeing as some hosts do not use cpanel.

The most unique I would say, is real support. I was talking to a support rep on RACKSPACE i believe they are called, one of those top ded sellers, and he seemd like a real live person, well he was, but he was talking to me like one, using slang, and talking about how he was tired because it was a friday night.

Most support reps are always perfect, and never have any fun with it, thats what I dont like.

Most support reps are always perfect, and never have any fun with it, thats what I dont like.
Yes some prefer it exactly that way. Maybe you used slang and he adapted to that. :)

When Im talking to a support rep, Im always trying to be as professional as I can, it was him who was acting like a real person, and not computer responses.

the features of real hosting service are uptime, support quality, regular backups. Seems to be all, yea, no overselling, so that I can use everything which is in my plan.

Seems to be all, yea, no overselling, so that I can use everything which is in my plan.
Overselling doesn't mean you can't use everything in your plan, but that not everybody can use everything at the same time. There is a difference. It's a statistics game, and if played right, everybody can win.

I believe that unique templates are good to include.
I think that the good host focuses everything on keeping their clients' websites up and running.

Offering templates may seem "cool" to some customers, but it should not be a primary concern.

best hosting features

I would say the best feature is whatever your clients want.

I am always amazed that any compnay can compete with mine with what I offer. But regarless of what I include, people are looking for all sorts of services, as shown by the previous comments.

I attack my market by providing a complete website with an online site builder. So for the novice getting a working website is the best route.

I could never sell services to anyone here, because I do not offer space, I do not offer ftp or ssh access. I market to people who do not even know what that is.

The short of it is, find a niche and fill it. Every service can be sold with good marketing. I sell a service that no one else would even consider, becuase they feel it it is incomplete.

But I have thousands of customers that would disagree. For them, its the best thing going.

Set up a product you think is good. Because ultimately you have to feel confident in your product to sell it.

I do not think you can say what is good or bad, there is a need for all types of hosting.

Hello,

The best hosting features you should look for are:

1. Domain diskspace
2. Bandwidth allocated
3. Domain Registration
4. Support team
5. Extra facilities like - sitebuilder, forum softwares etc..

Thank you.

Regards,

webfreak08 said:
I think that the good host focuses everything on keeping their clients' websites up and running.

Offering templates may seem "cool" to some customers, but it should not be a primary concern.
This is a matter on how well you can staff your company and manage your time. Not something that contains the ability to distract from your primary concerns as far as your hosting clients go.

Anything that can be added on or made available, kept fresh, made useful, and does not distract the staff from the basics of providing solid uptime and secure servers...should be added.

My client base doesn't have a huge interest in templates; and their interest in add-on scripts is limited as well. They are definitely interested in information that teaches them to maximize their web space wisely - not just the concepts, but "do this, do that, make sure that this looks like this other thing". Many of them are small or single business people who know that a good web presence can help their business - but not all of them are sure how to define "good web presence". What's good for a design and hosting business isn't good for a wedding floral arrangement provider. They're busy concentrating on operating their businesses, paying their employees, watching and charting their own industry's trends. They don't always have the time to research web-related issues. They appreciate having it broken down for them by someone who realizes that they aren't idiots and they aren't even necessarily ignorant - but they *are* extremely busy.

CPanel is a very important thing to look for. Fantastico is usually hand in hand with CPanel, but look for that too. It makes it so much easier to install applications and more userfriendly interface. Also, try to find an uptime report on the host to make sure they dont go down often, and if they do, try to find out how long. Just a few basic tips! :) Hope they help.

Hello,

There are many features that the webhosting company offers. The best offer would like

if currently there are offering say 500MB space and and 1GB bandwidth , then lookout if they are offering the double diskspace or double bandwidth offer for the same plan. Also you can check for the domain registration package offer like one year domain registration free.

Also you can check if they offer any free software for building the site online like sitebuilder, sitestudio etc.

Thank you.

Regards,

The main features of a quality hosting are not snotty support, Cpanel or plesk panel, 99,9% uptime, ability to upgrade client's plan

I agree with CPanel & Fantastico being included is very important. I have a large update I am working on to provide a variety of information to webmasters and resellers. It is time-consuming, but, that hard work will show and please your clients for the long run. While maintaining your current reputation that you gained by providing quality services, you can also increase the length you will go to please a client. Although, common sense is required at all times, don't go too far it can hurt if you do.

Caronet-Hesham said:
Top features should be:

1. Quality Support
2. Quality servers
3. Top notch network and uptime

I Agree with Caronet-Hesham. These are the major characteristics of a good hosting. As to the Panel - DA it is pleasant to me. And unique templates - are good too :)