What Billing System you use.

solarishosting

I understand that WHMCS is a very good program. But does anyone else use a different program. I have found some free ones out their.

We use ClientExec and it is great but is lacking in some features we would like to see like Namecheap integration. Their owned license is a fantastic deal if you are looking to keep costs low while still having a powerful billing and CRM system.

If you are a larger host, our second choice would be WHMCS unless you require something MUCH more powerful and more tightly integrated with your datacenter, then that choice would be Ubersmith DE.

We've been using WHMCS since 2006. We started off using WHMAutoPilot but had a number of configuration issues and various things we couldn't figure out, didn't get much support from the developers on it either. Its unfortunate ModernBill isn't still around. They had a great product out that was used extensively, but they sold out to Parallels around 4 or 5 years ago. Parallels then precoded to destroy it and turned it into a whole different product.

Been using WHMCS since our start in 2008, and I don't plan to stop using them anytime soon! - It's a great product for a great price (despite their past issues). :thumbup:

Been using WHMCS since our start in 2008, and I don't plan to stop using them anytime soon! - It's a great product for a great price (despite their past issues). :thumbup:

If your referring to the large hack a few months back as past issues, I cant pin that on WHMCS. That could have happened to any provider. It was a social engineering attack through a third party (hostgator) who gave out the root password for WHMCS's server. WHMCS wasn't involved in this other than being the victim. The same thing could have happened to anyone using Hostgator's system.

The real question is how did the hacker get a copy of the credit card used by WHMCS to create the Hostgator account.

On a side note, one good thing that came out of that whole ordeal, WHMCS has upgraded their services, teamed up with cPanel and hired more staff. They have made some excellent strides since this attack.

The real question is how did the hacker get a copy of the credit card used by WHMCS to create the Hostgator account.

If you followed the whole ordeal then you would have know they gained access to Matt (WHMCS CEO) personal email account to gain the info needed to fool HG into giving them access to the WHMCS servers.

WHMCS, I bought blesta owned before they release V3 but it just didn't come near to WHMCS, nothing really can IMO

We have made the switch back to WHMCS after several years of using other systems. We still like ClientExec and will likely maintain our owned license of it, however it was severely lacking in many features and modules that we now need based upon our growth.

We will still recommend ClientExec to others as it is still a very strong and robust system. We encourage the developers to improve on the modules offering as it would be a strong competitor to WHMCS.

We are using both WHMCS and ClientExec, since we operate two separate businesses.
WHMCS is way more popular, but i really like ClientExec too. Each of them have some features that makes the difference. For example I like how ClientExec shows the discounts when a client is choosing different payment periods.

Current we are utilizing hostbill. While there support isn't the best they do have a bunch of things intergrated, and push updates 2-3 times per week which is always nice!

I am pretty sure WHMCS/ClientExec are the two tops that most people use, I know we do. I have never had an issue with either but I know when I have an inquiry about ClientExec they are great at getting back to people. It is one reason we continue to use their services, nothing beats good customer service.

We are using Hostbill. As mentioned previously in this thread, there support is lacking, but the updates are very frequent which is nice. They have a bunch of features/modules, and it seems they add more from time to time.

We use WHMCS.

I really do wonder what the future of WHMCS will look like with cPanel now having part ownership.

Billing systems are really beginning to push each other forward which is nice to see :).

We use WHMCS with a highly customized template. We don't see any reason to reinvent the wheel, especially since it's under active development with a strong community.

Billing systems are really beginning to push each other forward which is nice to see :).

Yes they are and they need to. There is nothing more healthy than good competition and good match ups to push forward for what we need and what some of our clients demand. It's quite motivating to see how far some have come since the start too!