what do you concern btw prices and services?

kaikai

Hi

i would like to ask for your opinion about prices and services?
Shall we go for cheap prices, but a bit slow services?
Or shall we go for higher prices with better/quick services?

But the risk is that how can we make sure about quick/good services till we buy and find out (and already spend the money on that).

Thanks in advance

Hello,

The good service is most important, because you will provide some services in internet. Most of the good hosting providers offer money back guarantee, so if you are not happy of the service you could cancel it and get your money back.

Regards

Hi

i would like to ask for your opinion about prices and services?
Or shall we go for higher prices with better/quick services?

But the risk is that how can we make sure about quick/good services till we buy and find out (and already spend the money on that).

Thanks in advance
From what perspective - as a vendor or consumer? As a vendor, I'd always opt for higher prices and offer loss leaders or discount coupons. As a consumer, it would depend on the type of site. If it's a static informational site, slower services wouldn't be so critical. If I expect my site to draw revenue and grow, better customer service is critical.

You can attack this question from a variety of angles, IMHO.

One of the common statements I see in the hosting industry is that downtime hurts. The problem is, most folks think that they should experience no downtime when they pay a couple dollars a month. They simply expect too much for too little; yet they are the very first to rail against the host for the downtime. The fact is that in the hosting industry, you get what you pay for. If you pay $4-$5/month, you'll get web hosting worth exactly that. That $4-$5 month is barely enough to cover hardware and support costs; much less the other expenses of a company. The resulting function of that operation is that customers get cheap hardware, cheap support, and ultimately cheap service.

It's not uncommon to hear folks pine away about losing "hundreds" or "thousands" of dollars when their site is down for 10-15 minutes; yet they refuse to pay any more than five bucks for a host. If your website is really that mission critical, your budget and service provider choice will reflect that. Business is certainly all about the $, more explicitly the budget and frugality, but even the shrewdest, most-miserly business person recognizes that some corners just cannot be cut.

In the long run, I think it settles down to what you want as the customer. Would you prefer a less-capable support team and poorer quality hardware for a lower price; or, would you prefer higher-end hardware and accompanying knowledgeable support for a larger hit to the wallet?

If it is a personal or hobby site, I think the former will be the common answer. If it is a business website, the latter should be the standard answer. Again, though, it depends upon whom you talk to.

In the end, I'd easily answer that I'd rather pay more for a better provider. I learned that lesson many years ago now.

The relationship between price and service is not linear. Do proper research, find companies that you feel that you can trust, and only then do the price comparison. Don't compare a 6 months old host that's really popular with a 6 years old provider that's got a history of providing stable service. The first has yet to prove its long term viability. ;)

Cheap & service don't really go together. Many things can affect "cheap" and we don't know if you mean $5 is cheap or $2 is cheap or $10 is cheap.
We also don't know what you are hosting and what you define as service... If it's speed, reliability, customer support, etc.

So we really don't know what you are comparing. A cheap price could be a big company with overloaded servers but a pretty good support staff, or it could be a kid with a reseller plan trying to get the newest Play Station and so customer service is not there but still low price...

I always advise if it's a personal "play" site like a family site or personal blog so you can rant about whatever then cheap is OK bu if you are going to operate any type business related site the site experience is a reflection of the company. I have looked at software or other deals on the net and the sites were so slow I left thinking "if they can't pay for good speed on their own site, why should I trust their products?"

But it could apply to any type business. If it is a business-related site go for fast, dependable, and support you can count on.

If slow times for your personal blog or some downtime here & there don't bother you-then cheap is fine...

I dont mind paying more if it means a better quality of service. Usually you get what you pay for as to get market power in any industry you must distinguish yourself from your competitors and in hosting that can be done either through a higher quality of service, lower prices or extensive marketing. Usually the last two of those are not as good in terms of hosting quality then the first.

When I was kid and looking to buy a car there was a saying I heard:

"Fast, reliable, cheap. Pick 2."

I think it's pretty applicable to hosting services too :D

RavC I used to teach seminars on marketing where that was my last PowerPoint slide...it was on the back of my company cards & such too, only it was more detailed:

Good-Cheap-Fast, you can have 2:

You can have Cheap and Fast but it won't be Good
You can have Good & Cheap but it won't be Fast or
You can have Good and Fast but it won't be Cheap

Of course that applied to a service industry but it's like you said-you don't get it all.... and as another very old saying goes:

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

I prefer high price for high service. Because if service is good you can do your work freely without any disturbance.
For more information on website hosting -
<<URL deleted. Advertising is not allowed>>

I would definitely consider of a better services rather than a low price. I would not prefer to pay lower price but having disturbance about the services.

People now-a-days believe getting cheap hosting is just as good as hosts that sell hosting for a bit of $. If you want quality, you have to pay for it.

Look below and tell me which one is better.

Both companies have the same network speed, uptime, established time, etc....But which one you choose. This should be obvious.

1. 2GB space, 25GB bandwidth - $2.99/m

2. 2GB space, 25GB bandwidth $4.99/m

The obvious choice is #2. You may wonder why? #2 will be able to afford to update their servers, buy better quailty hardware, and will be there. #1 becuase of their low price will most likely use cheap servers, low cost hardware, and you will have problems more often than you would with #2.

I would rather put it in a different way, one should search for web hosting service that is affordable with reliable service and maximum uptime. High price would be an incorrect IMO.
The expectations are of services on which one can rely on and the website/s are up and running smoothly for most of the time.

One should look for his requirements, with reliability of server and services that includes response time of your tech-tickets.

Affordable prices, will be as butter on bread :)