What host reseller must have?

extomas

iTokas CEO
Hello everybody,

I'd like to know what hosting services resseler must have to be affordable to resellers and end users. What functions it must have?

I'm trying to collect as much information as possible to make a list.

Please share

Affordable is relative to the prospects needs, funding and growth projections. Most providers offer similar features, so a simple search of multiple provider sites will reveal much of what you're asking for here. The video on your site already says that you'll be offering additional features, not normally offered by other providers (thus the 'plus' in your domain name). Good luck with your launch.

One bit of advice...Offering unlimited space and bandwidth type hosting is bad and deceitful. More and more people are catching onto the fact that unlimited is impossible. I am not trying to bash your host, I just thought you should you will get a lot more loyal clients if you do not lie to them.

I fully agree with romes. If we are able to educate those who are not aware, the better we all end up being. I hear a ton of crap stories of "so many places offer unlimited, what makes the good places any better".

Whoever thought of that I really want to kick in the head. Right now tons of good places get crude for something we all have decided to not take part in (the unlimited band wagon).

If anything, find out how you can be different and above others - otherwise you will just blend into the rest.

The host should preferably have a easy control panel for your use. Wherever you are hosting, do remember to backup your accounts to your PC.

I assume that support is what really important for the end users. Also control panel and ability to manage own customers and web sites

One bit of advice...Offering unlimited space and bandwidth type hosting is bad and deceitful. More and more people are catching onto the fact that unlimited is impossible. I am not trying to bash your host, I just thought you should you will get a lot more loyal clients if you do not lie to them.
When it comes to shared hosting, one could make it work using indirect limits, but making unlimited work with a reseller hosting package will be particularly hard, and quite likely impossible in the long run, unless there's a limit on the number of accounts that the reseller is permitted to sell.

Also, it is best to go with a host that limits your hosting accounts. What I mean by this is buying a reseller package with 15 hosting accounts. A host that sells resellers this way will always be more stable than a host that offers unlimited accounts.

Also, make sure the company you are buying from is a reputable one; you do not want to get stuck with a crappy server that is overloaded with clients.

Well, when it comes to a Web Hosting Reseller, you should make sure that you do not Lie to your Customers about your Policy. Also, when it comes to service, give reply to your Customers asap. The Customer response time is what will make your Company grow. Do not try to Oversell and promise them what you can't offer. This might benefit you in the Early stages but you will loose it later on and when you are setting up a Business, you certainly don't wish to loose your Customers.

Hi,

Most of the site owners now install SSL on their websites, specifically ecommerce sites. So my advice would be to make sure to provide them facility of SSL certificates and surely dedicated IPs also.

Yes, SSL Certs are very important when your running a business. The SSL cert will protect your client area and any area that gathers information. This is a must!

Use a good billing/support script like WHMCS it will help automate your business which saves you time and money.

For Reseller Hosting, you need all as follows :-

1) Good amount of Resources
2) Fair prices
3) Good Hosting control panel that can help for private level hosting too.
4) A good billing system
5) 24 x 7 days technical support

Open support channels like LiveChat / Tickets / Emails
If you will get anonymous support, that will be an added benefit to reseller customers.

Hello everybody,

I'd like to know what hosting services resseler must have to be affordable to resellers and end users. What functions it must have?

I'm trying to collect as much information as possible to make a list.

Please share

As a reseller you will need to offer your customers some kind of control panel, cPanel is the industry standard for this and offered by most hosts. You will also need to offer clients scripts (web applications) and auto installers to install those scripts easily, there are three main auto installers today: Installatron, softaculous and Fantastico. Those are the two key things aside from the usual good uptime and support.

When it all comes down to it, this is the best creative thinking process that I've came up with so far. Take a day, maybe a weekend, maybe a week, maybe a month. Just set aside a little time and forget everything that you already know. Put yourself in the shoes of the prospective client and go from there. I'm not going to explain this thoroughly, but if you figure out how to do just that, you're on your way to a creative outcome. Oh yea!