What is Autoblogging? (basically)

nick86

Basically, the concept behind an autoblog is that it takes material from other sites when they’ve been updated, and automatically places it upon your site.

Before just taking content from other sites, there are copyright issues that should be taken into consideration. Overall, make sure the RSS feeds you are taking content from allow syndication in the first place.

Advantages:

1.) Bring in nice income (if done correctly) with possibly little effort after laying the groundwork.
2.) Will help you to promote other sites and/or blogs that you may have in your marketing arsenal.
3.) You can link yourself with all the different blogs that you setup. For example; link blog A to blog B, then blog B to C, then C to D, and this process can be done for as long as desired in a chain.
4.) The linking of various blogs will definitely help with SEO, although link building outside of the network will bring in most of the “link juice”.
5.) You can also use your autoblogs to feed to a main site, and this will definitely help tremendously in regards to SEO.

Groundwork:

1.) In the beginning, time should be spent (a few hours) to setup these sites
2.) Approximately a day or two following the initial work should be dedicated to link building and promoting.

The numbers game for autoblogs is pretty simple. If you have about 100 of them setup, and each one makes $1 or $2 a day, then you can come to an approximation of about how autoblogs can produce a sustainable income in the course of time.

So what has been your experience with autoblogging? I've seen some sites sit idol for months and then pull in $100's in one month (without making any changes to the site).

Automatic blogging means work on blogging use different kind of software. many software are available in the market.It is a term used to automatically create the content of blogs instead of actually writing the newsletter.

Well, I think there is no software in free upto know.

I checked on Wordpress....... it is paid.

If it were free then it would be beneficial stuff as well.

Well, I think there is no software in free upto know.

I checked on Wordpress....... it is paid.

If it were free then it would be beneficial stuff as well.

That is the reason why most Internet related businesses fail. Everyone wants to get rich quick with no investment or effort. :rolleyes2

You should be careful not to link too many blogs of your own since it can be considered a link farm. I never autoblogged before but people all the time use my content from article directory sites for their autoblogs.

There's a number of free ones out on the market these days as James had mentioned too. I've played with wprobot (which has a free version and a minimal pay version) and also have autoblogged (runs about $60 for each site).

Autoblogging is a very lucrative way to supplement income (and in some cases, replace incomes) for people. Add your google adsense, amazone, infolinks and clickbank and you're off and running.

The search engines do play some funny tricks as Steve had mentioned about there being nothing, and then out of nowhere there's income. Much of that (at least for me) has always been due to SEO work on top of the autoblogging portion.

For my girlfriend, she has a number of blogs going and that's really the key to making any money at it. If you diversify over multiple sites, you can make a little extra cash. 20 blogs going with a minimum of $1.00 in clicks each day means $20 * 30 or $600/month - enough for shoes, pants and a few meals! Most of her blogs are small and are running between $0.50 and $3.00 a day each. If you have the time to tweak out the SEO and setup multiple sites, it can be quite lucrative.

But as HostMantis said - most people want everything for free and want to do as little work as possible. Autoblogging definitely has the "no work involved" idea, but in order to get the rankings in the search engines in order for people to click the links in the site - you have to do a little work to get ranked right. The longer the tail words and niche, the more focused the userbase and clicks.

I think Feedwordpress is the best free plugin for autoblogging. We have been using it for years with gathering information.

Autoblogging can be profitable if you are targeting the proper niche. There are thousands of Autoblogs there. You should be able to find the best sites allowing you to post the articles in full. There are blogs which allow only part of the articles to be posted. It cannot be a good idea to use them.

There's a number of free ones out on the market these days as James had mentioned too. I've played with wprobot (which has a free version and a minimal pay version) and also have autoblogged (runs about $60 for each site).

Autoblogging is a very lucrative way to supplement income (and in some cases, replace incomes) for people. Add your google adsense, amazone, infolinks and clickbank and you're off and running.

The search engines do play some funny tricks as Steve had mentioned about there being nothing, and then out of nowhere there's income. Much of that (at least for me) has always been due to SEO work on top of the autoblogging portion.

For my girlfriend, she has a number of blogs going and that's really the key to making any money at it. If you diversify over multiple sites, you can make a little extra cash. 20 blogs going with a minimum of $1.00 in clicks each day means $20 * 30 or $600/month - enough for shoes, pants and a few meals! Most of her blogs are small and are running between $0.50 and $3.00 a day each. If you have the time to tweak out the SEO and setup multiple sites, it can be quite lucrative.

But as HostMantis said - most people want everything for free and want to do as little work as possible. Autoblogging definitely has the "no work involved" idea, but in order to get the rankings in the search engines in order for people to click the links in the site - you have to do a little work to get ranked right. The longer the tail words and niche, the more focused the userbase and clicks.
We currently use the paid version of WP Robot and it does a great job. Like Conor said, a little SEO on top helps tremendously. :D

An “AutoBlog” is a blog, either blogger or Word Press, which runs automatically. You only need to create it one time, add certain plug-ins to it which will deliver content 24/7, add auto-bookmark and ping….and you just set it and forget it.
What is the most benefit we get from autoblogging?

What is the most benefit we get from autoblogging?

There are many benefits of Autoblogging. Make sure that you have correctly optimized it, if Google finds it is an Autublog, it might not get indexed and Google might ignore it completely.

If optimized well, you can promote your Autoblog and earn a real cash with Ads, CPA and much more. A right path is important though. You can also sell the Autoblog after few months.

Autoblogging sounds awesome, since it almost immediately becomes residual income. Does it really contribute anything though? Aren't you just copying what someone else has done somewhere else?

Autoblogging sounds awesome, since it almost immediately becomes residual income. Does it really contribute anything though? Aren't you just copying what someone else has done somewhere else?

Well, it is not an immediate income. Ofcourse you have to do some work before you can think of income. If Google crawls your Auto plugins, you may not earn at all. Better to optimize it well before you can think of earning from an Autoblog.

Basically, the concept behind an autoblog is that it takes material from other sites when they’ve been updated, and automatically places it upon your site.

Before just taking content from other sites, there are copyright issues that should be taken into consideration. Overall, make sure the RSS feeds you are taking content from allow syndication in the first place.

Advantages:

1.) Bring in nice income (if done correctly) with possibly little effort after laying the groundwork.
2.) Will help you to promote other sites and/or blogs that you may have in your marketing arsenal.
3.) You can link yourself with all the different blogs that you setup. For example; link blog A to blog B, then blog B to C, then C to D, and this process can be done for as long as desired in a chain.
4.) The linking of various blogs will definitely help with SEO, although link building outside of the network will bring in most of the “link juice”.
5.) You can also use your autoblogs to feed to a main site, and this will definitely help tremendously in regards to SEO.

Groundwork:

1.) In the beginning, time should be spent (a few hours) to setup these sites
2.) Approximately a day or two following the initial work should be dedicated to link building and promoting.

The numbers game for autoblogs is pretty simple. If you have about 100 of them setup, and each one makes $1 or $2 a day, then you can come to an approximation of about how autoblogs can produce a sustainable income in the course of time.

Thanks a very useful post. I would like to try it out, seems an easy to set up blogging technique. I am already spending 4 to 5 hrs per day on blogging. Great post!

I think that it could be mentioned as a content duplicating

It could be if you are not giving the Credit links to the website you are fetching data from. However, in Autoblogging, you are providing the external links with the anchor texts like "Read More". I don't think that it would be mentioned as Content Duplicating.