What is DataCenter ?

Like everyone said above, it is a room with its sole purpose designed to host racks and racks of servers providing the adequate power, bandwidth, and cooling that is mandatory for the maintenance of large servers.

It's basically a huge building, with cooling systems, security systems and a lot of power.
Most of them have 2 stories and have a raised floor to avoid floodings and such and are designed to stand hurricanes and earthquakes, pretty heavy stuff.
And they are connected to different network providers such as level3, gc, internap..etc.

And they have TONS of servers into racks.

I never knew about this this is good infomation thanks I wish I owned one... so you mean like hostgator owns one? Its a building with a lot of boxes like computers and colling stuff? That preatty...
About how much do owners make?
And how much dose it cost to start one?

I never knew about this this is good infomation thanks I wish I owned one... so you mean like hostgator owns one? Its a building with a lot of boxes like computers and colling stuff? That preatty...
About how much do owners make?
And how much dose it cost to start one?

A datacenter is a complicated business, but a good business if you know how to operate one. My guess it would take mid to high $xxx,xxx to start one.

In few words - big building + tons of racks with servers inside.

I can narrow that down to just three words: A geek's dream.

I know a couple of people that would love to have their own DC, I am not sure I would want to have one myself but it might be interesting. I just worry that someone would expect me to clean it too.
:D

Having your own DC would cost a lot of money, and i'm not talking about a few grand either. Looking at $200,000+ depending on size and quality of servers, not to mention the other costs such as bandwidth, electricity, cooling units, etc.

Not to mention the time needed to get clients, advertising, and running it would rough at first.

Simple definition to understand what is DC.

"Data center is place to store your website data at one location so that anyone can access it through internet. " Your website data is stored on the server and are connected to the internet. Data could be images. files etc..

A data center is basically a location where a person/ business entity hosts their website(s),or you can say hosts their servers.