What is the best VPS server for not a big project?

I've moved your question form an existing thread to its own thread, because otherwise it would take that discussion into a whole new direction.

In order to answer this, the very first question to you is - where is your audience located? Do you have a preference in terms of country/continent where you'd like this server to be at?

A more general answer would be that if the project you are planning is small, then you are looking at a startup VPS kind of package. Then again, does it even have to be a VPS? Do you need VPS for something you can't do with a shared hosting plan?

Hi,

The sentence "For not a very big project" is a bit confusing. Recommendations is based on what your requirement for the project. It would helpful if you can elaborate it a bit, so it can be discussed further here..

Hello,
Can anyone recomend best VPS server for not very big project?

You really haven't given us much to work on here, so it's virtually impossible to make an informed recommendation. The VPS that I recommend may not be suited to your exact hosting requirements. So .... please share some additional information with us so that we may help you. Thanks.

Not a big project = a small project?

how small, how big? Your question is confusing.

DigitalOcean is not a bad place to start for VPS beginners. They have a great community, lots of tools to get you up and running fast and easily scalable. However, they are not a web host in the traditional sense, more of a 'service provider', so I wouldn't expect much help on a technical level, though I've never actually tried their support so could be wrong :)

You should ask yourself a few questions when choosing a VPS – do you need fully managed or self-managed VPS; how much money are you ready to give; do you have any preferences where the server is located; do you need Windows or Linux VPS hosting, etc.

I agree with the previous comment. many people can help you on this forum, but it will be much easier, if you will specify what vps do you need and what price acceptable for you.

Well it is all depends on for what purpose you want VPS, VPS platform, budget and which location you are looking for.
As you said you are looking VPS for not big big project, then it is small project then you can go for Shared hosting also.

If this is a small VPS that you want, and your not sure what size you need, and you don't want help managing it, then I would recommend Digital Ocean

If you start work and find you need something bigger or smaller you can upsize and downsize quickly.

If you don't need it for a couple of months, take a snapshot and restore it later to a new VPS/droplet when you want to continue with the project.

DO is not the best performance, but they are reliable and very scalable.

It really does depend on exactly what you will need. Just like everyone is asking what kind of project will you be doing? Do you have any specific requirements that you will need. If it is something small you might not need to go the vps route and maybe just get a shared account. But again it really depends on what you need and what you will be doing.