What organization is this?

RH Robert

I came across this in another forum, thought it was quite interesting.

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:

29 Have been accused of spousal abuse.
7 Have been arrested for fraud.
19 Have been accused of writing bad checks.
117 Have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses.
3 Have done time for assault.
71 Can not get a credit card due to bad credit.
14 Have been arrested on a drug related charge.
8 Have been arrested for shoplifting.
21 Are currently defendants in lawsuits.
84 Have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year.
Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up?

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress.....

I'm very curious as to where you got these statistics. I don't think they're accurate.

Which congress were these stats complied (i.e., Which year?)

Like I said, I came across this in another forum, thought it was quite interesting.
I'm going to do a little research on this and see where it originally came from

Well, some hosting talk could go here, you never know. But yeah, the site's just so hosting oriented (duh) it gets you confused sometimes :p

CLCook said:
I'm very curious as to where you got these statistics. I don't think they're accurate.

Which congress were these stats complied (i.e., Which year?)
Hmm CLCook I am very suprised at how you do not think these stats could be accurate. Don't ignore the fact that this country was built on criminals.

pairbrother said:
As given in the link by RH Robert, http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/congress.htm

this is just spam mail, just replace the name of the country and make a few changes in the composition, and uve got a brand new list of criminals ...lol

No doubt, politicians the world over have been criminals once in there lives ..:D

lol... I think you have to kinda be outta your mind to even want to be a politician.. they power and influence is an advantage i suppose.