what should the prices of reseller be?/how to marketing

kaikai

Hi

I am a reseller company.
I would like to ask how should I set the prices.
When the prices are too low, no onw bought as they think its no good.
But when I set higher prices (still a bit lower than other companies), customers do not really increase.
Then I start to get confused what the prices should be.
How should I market the company? I mean which is the best channel?

Thanks for your suggestions

I can’t say that there is a definitive answer and I’m sure everyone would agree, price from a business point of view should encompass your service and after costs (support etc) however a middle ground needs to be met, offer any additional services you can, even at an extra cost as they are encouraging, customers can then look to you for perhaps more than simply hosting.

Although using price as your advantage over others in the industry will not favour you as you have found... the simple choice is to offer a similar package at perhaps a marginally lower price with as much support as is possible and additional services that you may be able to provide at little to no cost.

The main true benefit of smaller hosts is simply faster support and higher performance in most cases so play to your strengths rather than using price as an advertising tool, yes its important but you will find a middle ground with a little research.

When the prices are too low, no onw bought as they think its no good.
But when I set higher prices (still a bit lower than other companies), customers do not really increase.
Have you considered using discount coupons? Prospects are looking for deals right now. Offering coupons gives the perception that your services are valued at a higher price point - but if they act NOW - they can get in for less money.

We aren't here to tell you how to set up your plans.

The mainly only thing that I could say is, Charge how much you want and think it should be its your service also some hosts have lower prices but thats also because they might be over selling or they reseller or what every there running on accuse the server is bad and slow.

Have you considered using discount coupons? Prospects are looking for deals right now. Offering coupons gives the perception that your services are valued at a higher price point - but if they act NOW - they can get in for less money.

I think this is excellent advice. Using a system with coupons and promotions also allows you to indirectly charge your customers differently based on what they are willing to pay, which means you can keep your thrifty customers at a low price and still make good revenue from your customers for whom price isn't a big deal.

Well, keeping the discounts coupons for customers is a good option.

However, I would suggest you to keep the discount coupons in such a way that you can maintain the profit margins for your business. The reason for this is the fact that you will be able to provide good quality service to your customers only if you have enough profit margins :)

Also, in order to get more customers, you can keep some affiliate programs for your existing customers and offer them some sort of commission if they bring customers to your company. This should increase your sales and you will be able to keep your existing customers happy :)

I recommend setting prices at what you are comfortable with selling them at. How much do you need to make, to make enough money to cover the bills and make a profit? There are customers at every price point literally. Once you figure out what your prices are, then you find a niche. Like Steve said, use coupon codes across different niches to make plans competitive. Just keep in mind that revenues - expenses = profit. As long as you have a profit on a sale, you should be in a good shape.

I am not a fan of setting your price based on what others are doing. It gets a lot of companies in trouble. Set a price that will make it work for you.

You must price things based on what you can deliver. Do not promise something you can't deliver by pricing great plans very cheaply.

It's all a matter of outlining your margins so you know what you have to work with. If you have no idea what your margins are, they can hurt in the long run.

It is always important to calculate the amount of profit you will need in order to provide your customers with good quality hosting services. If you do not have enough profit to maintain the quality of hosting services you offer then you won't be able to continue your business for a long time.

It depends on which target market are you planning to target. And what are the hosting plan features that you provide to your clients.
One approach that can help you on deciding the pricing is visiting your competitor website and you might get some clear picture are how the pricing going to work.

Marketing Your Company, when you compare the competition is there something you feel makes you stand out from the crowd?
That is the point I would market Your strenght and U.S.P
Unique Selling Points should be highlighted! Good Luck with your promotions...

Marketing Your Company, when you compare the competition is there something you feel makes you stand out from the crowd?
That is the point I would market Your strenght and U.S.P
Unique Selling Points should be highlighted! Good Luck with your promotions...

Better place on the main page information which describes the diffrences between you and others