Whats the best kind of support

LSComputers

I personally think anything with live support is great, but ticketed support is nice for referencing.

What do you guys feel is best?

I agree completely. Live support without good history is really a hinderance for record keeping. But I do think that pre sales is a good place for live support as well as premium service.

I agree as well. Live support is a big plus in the eyes of many customers, but ticket support is by far the easiest way to keep track of support requests. Perhaps a ticket support system with a guaranteed response time?

I think it is great to have both, but ticketed support is almost a must. Live is more convenient, sort of like an extra.

I think live support and ticket support both are important bcoz for minor issues live chat is best and for critical issues ticket support is best.

Always better if you have more then 1 support system in place..
1. For Regular issues.
2. For urgent issues.

Live Chat and Ticket System is a good combination.

I think ticket, phone, and live chat support are all very good. However; we got rid of our live chat system, because it was a waist of time being online doing nothing, we would get about 1-5 clients a week, so we offer 1 hour response time for ticket support. If i were looking for a host, I would say i'd rather have good phone support.

Generally live support is loved by clients, ticket support is loved by the hosting company (and clients when response time is great), and phone is good all around but harder to get all people to track.

We're getting an additional toll-free number to provide to customers to report emergencies, get critical support, etc. Also, most live chat requests seem to be pre-sales anyway.

The best type of support is dependable support, with your customers being able to reach you at any time of the day. The methods used do not really matter as long as you can be contacted.

I think both Live Support and Ticket system are important. Live Support for urgent issue and Ticket Support for critical and general issue.

Actually, i think the oposit... When im on live chat its always "how do i get my password" or i need to make an email account" or always somthing like that, with tickets, those problems are usually bigger.

True, live support is always for simple things because the issues that need a server admin will have to leave live chat.

Ticket based is also easier to see the history of the problem, and look over it at a later time if a client complains there were dealt with rudely or similar.

Although all the 3 support methods (Live Chat, Phone Support and Ticket/email system)has it own importance in different Eyes. But in Hosting Business one must look for more than one support systems. Because, every client appreciate quick/fast and continuose support as an when required by them.

Live Support - Will sereve to get answers for Pre-Sales question or matters which is very urgent.

Phone Support ? Admired by people for instant problem solving; but not a satisfactory method for Technical Support.

Email/Ticket System - It is a best support system to provide Tech-support and solve descriptive issue. If maintained by the minimum response time.

Although presently most companies are considering Live Chat and Ticket system as effective Support system.

I think ticket support and phone support are the most important..
Ive never really worried about live support as no one used it, and all I got was people using it as a prank and insulting the live support staff who I was paying etc.. so really did not think it was worth it.