Where do you advertise?

HN-Alejo

It's pretty well known that forums like HostingDiscussion and WHT can help you find customers, but where else do you look for clients?

I'm talking about places like HostVoice (you can buy leads) and other forums.

Does anyone have experience with DigitalPoint? What about the warrior forums? What about BlackHatWorld? These are all webmaster forums, so I'd be interested to see what your thoughts are on them.

Well, firstly, stay away from BlackHatWorld. I would personally say that if you are targeting a 'professional' market you don't want your brand in any form related to a Black hat website. I think Host-voice is a good option but you really should not bother unless you're in it for Co-location or Dedicated Servers. Forums are truly leading in marketing, contact Artashes (the owner of HD) and ask him about advertising here.

Best of luck,
Jordan F.

Google Adwords would be an option, but generally expensive. You would want to try hosting specific directories - they are generally a good option.

Aside from forums and ads on certain niche sites, we do a lot of local advertising. Churches, schools, business plazas are some avenues. Local customers are a huge part of our business.

Local advertising. :D

My wife is part of a local Roller Derby team and we travel all over Florida for her games/bouts. I hand out flyers, business cards and I also hang a huge banner I had made (8 ft. x 3 ft.). There are always professional photographers at the bouts so a lot pics have my logo in the background and get spread around FB like wildfire! ;)

Here is one for example: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151889685104485&set=t.756585729&type=3&theater

Well, firstly, stay away from BlackHatWorld. I would personally say that if you are targeting a 'professional' market you don't want your brand in any form related to a Black hat website. I think Host-voice is a good option but you really should not bother unless you're in it for Co-location or Dedicated Servers. Forums are truly leading in marketing, contact Artashes (the owner of HD) and ask him about advertising here.

Best of luck,
Jordan F.

I think that's definitely a good point. I had heard of people being successful with BlackHatWorld, but I wouldn't want to give up having a professional image simply by advertising there. :thumbup:

I only use PPC from Google.
If you need free advertisement, you can use sosial media sites.

How does that work for you ? We are not relying on AdWords anymore, it has a low conversion rate for us and not worth the expense. We have left only a basic ad and the remarketing on.

Besides the forums, blog posts, tweets and FB posts, we also try to do local advertising - going to web design/marketing events in town, handing out business cards, we will be sponsoring a mountain bike team from next year to have our logo on their bikes and shirts. Another thing we did is we have a friend who is a maraton runner and he did a run with a iClickAndHost branded t-shirt.
I like this type of social engagement most, where with AdWords is hard to set yourself apart from the crowd.

I don't believe Google Adwords is the best solution to advertise your services. It's just to costly because of the satured hosting marked.

It's pretty well known that forums like HostingDiscussion and WHT can help you find customers, but where else do you look for clients?

I'm talking about places like HostVoice (you can buy leads) and other forums.

Does anyone have experience with DigitalPoint? What about the warrior forums? What about BlackHatWorld? These are all webmaster forums, so I'd be interested to see what your thoughts are on them.

Beside forum consider making an affiliate program for your product. This way you will leave others to find clients for you.
Not so easy as written here but is a good shot.

Making a unique product that customer wants, is that really counts. To gaining customers is not a easy task, trying things like social media (facebook, twitter, google+, reddit etc) help. Posting on forums help aswell. If you want to pay for traffic then i would go for buysellads or adwords. Make sure that your offering is unique and customers could magically turn heads and look at your product however you must be really lucky. Hope this helped, never give up and good luck

I would suggest to be a forum lover... it a good place to get knowledge and share as well ... you could also use the market place to discuss your adv.