where to advertise services ??

If the budget is not an issue, the most natural suggestion is to become a premium sponsor for an event like the HostingCon.

As for print media, we are lucky we only have two magazines:

The Ping Zine
The WHIR

I think that if you target web hosting companies as your clients, then you'll do better than selling shared hosting plans. At least this is my perception of who reads these magazines.

Website Magazine is also decent. They've got a good email campaign as well and you might find some editorial opportunities there. Speak with Peter, he's a good guy.

look at hostgator - they have ads everywhere, and as a result they are known by everyone. This is for the case you have flexible and good volume budget with no need to choose. Relevant resources, like there were already named, and also forums, like digitalpoint, or WHT, or this one would be good.... much Depends on your own intensions.

It depends on which market you are focusing on. If you are trying to get more customers in financial market, is it better to advertise on some financial magzines?

I agree with gate2vn here. I think a lot of hosts go to WHT specifically because its easy, frankly. The problem with that, the WHIR, etc, is that when you advertise, you're advertising next to 50 of your competitors. Not a good place to be. Why not carve out a niche for yourself in a market (i.e. podcast hosting, forum hosting, etc). You could find a community (i.e. programmers, designers (think of what MediaTemple has done in the designer community!), etc) and market to them. The competition won't be as fierce and it will be much easier to build something unique - something no one else has.

It depends on which market you are focusing on. If you are trying to get more customers in financial market, is it better to advertise on some financial magzines?

I agree with gate2vn here. I think a lot of hosts go to WHT specifically because its easy, frankly. The problem with that, the WHIR, etc, is that when you advertise, you're advertising next to 50 of your competitors. Not a good place to be. Why not carve out a niche for yourself in a market (i.e. podcast hosting, forum hosting, etc). You could find a community (i.e. programmers, designers (think of what MediaTemple has done in the designer community!), etc) and market to them. The competition won't be as fierce and it will be much easier to build something unique - something no one else has.

When you advertise, you want lots and lots of highly targeted prospects viewing your ads. The key is to measure results and tweak your marketing strategy to emphasize what works and eliminate what doesn't. :D

In my opinion you should approach your clients to place a banner or text link advertisement on their website. As you are related to with web hosting business so it's obvious your potential clients may ask you for discount. You can set the discount rates something like this; for 5% discount “put a text link advertisement” and for a 10% discount “put a banner advertisement”. So without spending too much money your business advertisement will spread over the Internet.

In my opinion you should approach your clients to place a banner or text link advertisement on their website. As you are related to with web hosting business so it's obvious your potential clients may ask you for discount. You can set the discount rates something like this; for 5% discount “put a text link advertisement” and for a 10% discount “put a banner advertisement”. So without spending too much money your business advertisement will spread over the Internet.
That's a pretty good idea.. However, I do this for all of my local customers by default unless they ask for me to remove it.. :)

That's a pretty good idea.. However, I do this for all of my local customers by default unless they ask for me to remove it.. :)

I don't think they will ask you for to remove your advertisement on their website if you offer them a good amount of commission on referral policy (I guess you are aware about affiliate business). This is not only beneficial for your businesses advertisement but also advantageous to increase sales revenue.

posting in forums at different sites is always good. The more places that link back to your site and your offers the more likely people are going to see it and more likely you will get higher search engine ranking.

One idea is to use Google Adwords. It's flexible because you only spend what you can afford, you set your budget and go from there. You can use banner ads or set up text ads and then you set your bid how much you want to pay per click, etc. It's not hard to do, it just takes a little time and some thinking. Make sure you target your audience, this alone will bring hits to your site. I have a site that received over 50,000 hits in its first month because it reached a nitch.

Blogs and forums will help you in advertising your site.Making relevant posts to forums and commenting on high PR do follow blogs will drive traffic to your site.Social media marketing is also used for advertising sites.It helps to grab the attention of the customers to your site.You can also build some quality articles and then post them to the high PR article directories or sites.