Which Anti-virus programs do you use?

rylie

I have been very happy with the two free anti-virus software packages the I use. I have AVG Free and Adaware. I also have Windows Defender that came on my pc when I bought it a year and a half ago. So far, I have never gotten anything on my pc that cannot be taken care of by them. What do some of you use to protect your computers?

I have been using 2 programs on various computers: Norton AntiVirus and AVG AntiVirus (Free edition). Been happy with both equally.

I do want to try Kaspersky AntiVirus one day though.

I have been very happy with the two free anti-virus software packages the I use. I have AVG Free and Adaware. I also have Windows Defender that came on my pc when I bought it a year and a half ago. So far, I have never gotten anything on my pc that cannot be taken care of by them. What do some of you use to protect your computers?
I've stuck with Spyware Doctor; cheap; reliable and is constantly being updated :)

I am not sure we can classify AdAWare or Spyware Doctor as anti-virus software. More like anti-spyware/malware software. But I do use Spybot in combination with my anti-virus programs.

I am not sure we can classify AdAWare or Spyware Doctor as anti-virus software. More like anti-spyware/malware software. But I do use Spybot in combination with my anti-virus programs.
There are 2 versions of Spyware Doctor. You can choose to have the Anti-Virus Feature or not :)

I use AVG and have a few spyware programs installed for the occasional scan when I think there is a problem.

Yes, you are right about that. However, I feel much safer having all three (AVG, Adaware, & Windows Defender) there to keep my pc as safe as possible. I had a pc that was older, but had worked like a brand new one for the whole time I had it. Then I made the mistake of allowing a younger relative to download Limewire onto it and within a month it was all messed up. Finally, a month or so after that I was looking at "The Blue Screen of Death" and had to end up renting a pc for a few weeks until I could afford to buy one. That's a lesson I won't soon forget!

I'm using Nod32 as my Anti-virus. The AVG free one hasn't been that great for me in the past. My laptop caught a few bugs but AVG didn't detect it. So I decided to install Nod32 and automatically it picked up and cleaned those bugs during the scan. Also, if I didn't clean those bugs Nod32 would mark them as malicious software and just block them from connecting to the internet which was very convenient :).

I use AVG AntiVirus and have been happy with it. It isn't as much as a resource hog as others and it is free!

I actually posted a list of all the best free antivirus and firewalls,
in a forum of the company i represent.
however i dont think i can link it.
so i will just copy and paste it here if the admins are happy for me to.

I did try out McAfee, Norton, Avast (free) and AVG (Free). But I prefer Norton although need to pay,it worth for it..

Some of the free antivirus was too "sensitive", it will detect the execution file as a virus and you had to manual put in the exception file to let you run the program.:)

I use Trend Micro's Pc-Cillin and I am happy with it. I had Kaspersky before and it kept giving me problems. However, it may be better now.

I run two

I learned a long time ago to not trust my machine to only one anti-virus because none of them will catch 100% of what flies at them. I'm using MacAfee and AVG at the moment since MacAfee came with my cable internet connection. Haven't had any issues so far.

Avast editions are far better than Norton in terms of any virus, malware activity, and also less resource consuming, running norton is like running elephant in system, may be usefull for high end computers

AVG is also a good try then comes Kaspersky

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123