Which Control Panel ?

Pakistani

Hello mates,
Which is the most advanced featured control panel ? , also please post their licenses detail if possible. ( Pricing etc ).

I use cPanel, as i think most hosts with lixux does.

Its fairly easy to get it at a good price, you just need to know where to look :)

Thecpanel deluxe. I thinks it loks more windows friendly? Easy to reccomend to a client and coach them over the phone.

We use Helm actually and get the licenses from one of their resellers ServerTastic. They offer a monthly price of $30.00, a control server for $500 one time fee, and remote server licenses for $188.00.

Helm is for Windows only

My friend and I made our own control panel. Weare testing it before we offer it toour customers. It has alot of advanced features, and more features thenI have ever seen on any other control panel I have used. I have used cPanel, Helm and Plesk.

Corey Bryant said:
We use Helm actually and get the licenses from one of their resellers ServerTastic. They offer a monthly price of $30.00, a control server for $500 one time fee, and remote server licenses for $188.00.

Helm is for Windows only

How has Helm worked out for you so far? I have been looking into it for hosting windows servers, is it worth the money?

rjnsmith said:
My friend and I made our own control panel. Weare testing it before we offer it toour customers. It has alot of advanced features, and more features thenI have ever seen on any other control panel I have used. I have used cPanel, Helm and Plesk.

Do you have any samples of this control panel? I would be interested in testing it out when you have the time.

I currently use cPanel, but I am a little tired of the licensing fees. With all the bugs the panel tends to have it should run alot more solid then it does. Control panels like DirectAdmin tend to run effeciently but do not seem to have the marketing power to change the curve for control panel usage, so providers like me are forced to go with the flow and pay more then we should.

We use cPanel with RVSkins so our resellers can customise the look and fantastico for the scripts. They work quite well together.

sam said:
We use cPanel with RVSkins so our resellers can customise the look and fantastico for the scripts. They work quite well together.

Is it worth the money in getting RVSkin? I heared some negative comments about it, but also heared some positive comments on it.

RVSkin is "OK" to me, I think I can work better with the normal "X" cPanel skin.

We think so... it lets you create your own custom cpanel skins and resellers like this. You can also turn on/off cpanel features at admin and reseller level, etc..

rjnsmith said:
Is it worth the money in getting RVSkin?

We definately think so. Firstly, our resellers enjoy the customization they have (not only branding, but enable/disable options) and all of our customers prefer the skins over x.

In addition, withi it's theme manager you can now create your own themes using smarty. We are currently working on a few for our customers...

We've been using directadmin since the beginning. It runs $29 if leased monthly from DA directly, granted most providers offer it at discounted rates (just as cpanel is offerred at internal rates).

In any case I would have to say DirectAdmin while it may not be comparable to cpanel at the tons of features area it does the job nicely.