Which control panel?

CMTHosting

Hello,

Which control panel do you prefer cPanel or Plesk? I prefer cPanel because of 'fantastico' and it's easy to perform backups. To be honest I hate cPanel, but over the past few days people have been stating cPanel is NOT secure and Plesk is much easy to control and is 100% secure (unlike cPanel), I thought cPanel was the worlds leading hosting control panel? Come on loads of web hosts use cPanel if it wasn't secure why use it??? I've used cPanel for the past two years now and haven’t noticed any network abuse or bugs. Plesk is apparently the hosting control panel every client requires now.... Could this explain the reason I haven’t had any orders today :sleep:

None of my clients have noticed bugs/errors with cPanel or wish to use Plesk therefore I'll keep with cPanel.... But I may have a try at using plesk 7 soon to see what it's like and the features it have.....

I'll stick to cPanel/WHM

cPanel
Plesk 7

Let me know which you prefer and the reason why. Thanks in advance
:thumbup:

I don't think you should take into account only the control panel for customer registrations. While it may be true that many more customers prefer CPanel, customers in general want stability and customer service over anything else. Fantastico may be a plus but it also brings in potentials for bugs. I currently use CPanel but my biggest priority, at this moment, would be to create my own control panel system exclusevly for FreeBSD which allows for greater options and support (mostly all control panels are dedicated to Linux, Red Hat in particular).

If I had to choose though, I would choose CPanel/WHM due to better support for FreeBSD.

cPanel is not that bad at all, i was (and still am) a H-Sphere lover, but customers prefer cPanel so we need to give them what they whant, and after 1 year with it i am overal satisfied with it.

Regards

cPanel

Personally, I have used cPanel for 4 years. I have also run Plesk for a couple months as well. Clients love cPanel do to its ease. Stablity is great and we do not have any security breaches. Does some of it features of bugs? Yes, but they all do.

After using Plesk I do not find it to be user friendly and until everyone wants it has their preferred control panel we will not be switching.

I will form it from a consumer point of view - I enjoy CPanel, because the interface is user friendly and you can actually work with it, and withdraw a lot of information. I can't say that about Plesk. I've actually changed hosts before just because they had Plesk.

Best,

IMO: cPanel is way better than Plesk, Both user, reseller & Admin friendly, On the other hand Plesk lacks in features both client end and admin end. cPanel all the way :agree:
Regards,

There are more bugs in cPanel then Plesk, but it's not physical bugs but background bugs as well.
Some even critical.

However I prefer cPanel.

Mods: Can We Merge this with the other thread which was created

I have seen posts on other forums that complain about cPanel not being that "secure". Well the fact is that they are one of the securest webhosting panels out there. The only reason they may seem to be less secure is that since it is so popular, many hackers/crackers target hacking cPanel VS hacking some other webhosting panel.

I have seen posts on other forums that complain about cPanel not being that "secure". Well the fact is that they are one of the securest webhosting panels out there. The only reason they may seem to be less secure is that since it is so popular, many hackers/crackers target hacking cPanel VS hacking some other webhosting panel.

Before the last STABLE/RELEASE releases there was a major issue with how cPanel login's; I have not taken a look at their code recently. If you check the closed bugzilla bugs it was not viewable to the public; only to the creator and the engineers.

Some of my Customers have reported they have found websites which have cracked cPanel's License system and it now have reported this to the Abuse Department to take care of it.

The only control panels i've had experience using are ensim, cpanel and site5's netadmin. I must say netadmin is a very easy to use and professional product, cpanel is also good but I can't stand the interface. Ensim is very slow loading but probably the most secure and powerful out of the lot.

Equonix said:
Before the last STABLE/RELEASE releases there was a major issue with how cPanel login's; I have not taken a look at their code recently. If you check the closed bugzilla bugs it was not viewable to the public; only to the creator and the engineers.

Some of my Customers have reported they have found websites which have cracked cPanel's License system and it now have reported this to the Abuse Department to take care of it.

Like I said, the more popular a product is, the more peole that use it, the more bugs that are found, which makes the system or product seem bad.

I would say cpanel. Cpanel has slightly more features than Plesk, Easy to use, and many clients are used to and prefer the cPanel interface. It is cheaper to rent per year at $450/yr as opposed to Plesk at about $840/yr. Cpanel comes with an addon fantastico which allows you to quickly install a variety of open source scripts.

I prefer cPanel over any other control panel. It is easy to use, and most customers prefer it. Also, many customers simply love Fantastico, an addon that is only made for cPanel.

love Fantastico, an addon that is only made for cPanel.

Plesk Fans could say the complete oppisite

"Also, many customers simply love PSA-Installer, an addon that is only made for Plesk."
However I do like Fantastico, it is a great addon and has come along way, so Kosmo deserves to be applaued there.