Which Low Cost Host?

CountryBoy

I am trying to keep costs down on my website. Keeping in mind that I have lots of small products on my site with pictures and descriptions. What is the best low cost webhost out there that could take care of my needs?

What do you see as low cost? For some would say that getting 24/7 support for $10 and less, is already great service, no matter the package size. :)

I have lots of small products on my site with pictures and descriptions.
Even so, chances are 1GB of space will be more than enough, and most hosting packages come with that (or a lot more) these days. There's no need to focus on numbers though, focus on the host's reputation instead.

You definitely need to give a couple more specifics in reference to what you want in a host before you can narrow down the choices. There are plenty of choices that are "cheap" when looking at price only. When you start looking at support, reputation and other customer service related factors is where you can really start to see a difference numbers alone cannot describe.

Reputation is always good to start off with and if you dont have that much stuff to store, many places do have cheap plans.

What you need to look out for is below:
- cheapy place that offers what you think is good to what really isnt
- cheapy places that rock and these are the ones you want

I think if you can find a couple and post the specs on what they offer many here wound be willing to help you narrow it down.

What type of space/bw/etc are you using now?

Most reasonable hosts charge between $6-$8 for the basic package, which is great! You may choose between bluehost, hostgator, liquidweb etc.

Most reasonable hosts charge between $6-$8 for the basic package
In any case, a $6-$8 package, from any provider, would be essentially a budget package. What I'm saying is that the expectations must be kept in check (CPU usage wise especially).

I agree that you should check the webhost's reviews first (but you should also check the reviewer's reputation).

Good luck! :D

UK Hosting

MOD NOTE: Post removed. Advertising is permitted only in the Marketplace. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that you have to concentrate on finding not low cost (to avoid further troubles). I'd say that decent web hosting providers like Hostgator.com or neowebspace.com do not provide low prices. And if you are interested in web hosting services you have to understand that your main goal must be quality. And quality of the web hosting influence on the SEO related issues. You site activity by visitors.
You got what you pay for.