which stats script is most accurate

Leo

At the minute I have 4 stats scripts available on my site - awstats, webalizer, analog and urchin.
I want to show my stats to advertisers but don't know which script is best to use.
Which is most accurate?
Should I just take a screenshot of my stats?

I think webalizer is more accurate for viewing stats. However awstats is a little easier to read for newcommers. Most advertising companies will wish to see screen shots of your stats for the past 3 months or more, just to verify you get a constant flow of hits.

Personally, I'm not too sure about Webalizer. It's good, and pretty easy to read and understand - however it also takes into account images, meaning it may show that you have more hits than you really do if you have a lot of images on your website.

Personally, I prefer AWStats. I think it would be best to use that, however of course it is your choice.

And as Vovex says, they probably will want screenshots for the past three or so months to make sure that you do have a constant flow of hits. If I were going to advertise on websites, I wouldn't accept Webalizer to view hits and so on - if the website is image heavy, then it'll show up as more hits because it counts images as well.

Although, once you actually have them advertising on your website - you shouldn't rely on stats programs such as the above, you should actually use a script which will show the amount of times that banner has been shown and the amount of times it has been clicked - advertisers prefer this actually to programs which show the general statistics of the website.

AWStats & Urchin by far are more acurate.
Although, I'd expect Urchin to be more accurate since it is a paid-for product.

Also, now thinking about it - I'm sure the advertisers would much prefer Urchin since it is a paid-for product, and it also shows quality to a degree. They are paying you good money, and I'm sure don't expect you to skimp on products to measure how many people visit your website.

Urchin is also a more professional product. The design is a lot nicer, and more professional than those of Webalizer, Analog and AWStats.

Use Urchin actually... although, why not just ask them which they'd prefer to have results from? If you don't wish to do that, I think Urchin would be best, due to all the reasons stated above.

Thats like saying Windows is more accurate that Unix since its a paid for platform... not always true.
Never said it's always the case. ;)
However... that is what you would expect.

Although, even if Urchin is less accurate, the other points still stand - For example, I'm sure a company advertising on websites would prefer Urchin rather than AWStats because it looks more professional.

I prefer awestats, I have tried all of them but I find awestats to be consistant more than the others especially if you are running cpanel.

How could I let advertisers view my stats without giving them login to cPanel and not using screenshots, so they can view everything?
Is awestats the same as awstats?

Personally, I'm not too sure about Webalizer. It's good, and pretty easy to read and understand - however it also takes into account images, meaning it may show that you have more hits than you really do if you have a lot of images on your website.

Doesn't the visits show the number of unique people that visit your site?

Is awestats the same as awstats?
Yes, as far as I'm aware they are. I think Freckled just made a small typo, nothing to worry about. ;)

How could I let advertisers view my stats without giving them login to cPanel and not using screenshots, so they can view everything?
Ahh... that I'm afraid I won't be able to help with. Unfortunately I know in Plesk, and other control panels too - however I'm sure Vovex or someone else knows how. *Nudge Nudge*

I go for Awstats as long as the perl module for resolving global IP's is installed the free version isn't as good the full version of the module. If you have enough customers requireing it by it and add 10p to their accounts :)

Thanks Anjay, yes it was a typo.

Why couldn't you just do a screen shot of your stats and post that, any reason it has to be a live shot?

Why couldn't you just do a screen shot of your stats and post that, any reason it has to be a live shot?
Maybe his advertisers are scared that he'll "fudge" the numbers?

A lot of advertisers want to view the stats instead of a screenshot of the small bit webalizer shows.
They want to know where traffic is coming from, you could have great stats but it all comes from popup traffic that goes direct to the site.
If you have people coming from other sites and search engines though, that makes the traffic a lot better quality and more useful to them.

A lot of advertisers want to view the stats instead of a screenshot of the small bit webalizer shows. They want to know where traffic is coming from, you could have great stats but it all comes from popup traffic that goes direct to the site. If you have people coming from other sites and search engines though, that makes the traffic a lot better quality and more useful to them.
Oh well... I guess that puts an end to my idea of starting up a site where all the traffic comes from popup ads and then selling advertising space! :D

Haha I'm sure a lot of people have done that, and advertisers really don't be happy when their CTR is below 0.01 after forking out for it ;)

Decker, I am not a host.
My host has cPanel installed and those web stats scripts I listed :)
Could someone tell me is visits = unique people to your site.

A lot of advertisers want to view the stats instead of a screenshot of the small bit webalizer shows.
They want to know where traffic is coming from, you could have great stats but it all comes from popup traffic that goes direct to the site.
If you have people coming from other sites and search engines though, that makes the traffic a lot better quality and more useful to them.

That's the reason ;)