WHMCS hacked over and over again.

as long as you have the latest WHMCS security patch as given in the WHMCS forum then you are safe from the attachs, this will not however stop them trying and submitting tickets, so follow my above steps to block the messages from ther attackers and then follow the further security steps by WHMCS http://docs.whmcs.com/Further_Security_Steps

We had already made the necessary precautionary measures before contacting to WHMCS support team.

But, thanks for your advice :)

WHMCS posted a security advisory back at the beginning of Dec. It is difficult to say where the hole might be but checking for the most recent security updates on a regular basis can prevent problems in many many systems. It is easy to overlook basic preventative maintenance but overall it is worth the time and effort to prevent in the beginning rather than to try to fix and pinpoint the matter after the fact.

WHMCS posted a security advisory back at the beginning of Dec. It is difficult to say where the hole might be but checking for the most recent security updates on a regular basis can prevent problems in many many systems. It is easy to overlook basic preventative maintenance but overall it is worth the time and effort to prevent in the beginning rather than to try to fix and pinpoint the matter after the fact.

yes and for those like me who are registered with WHMCS got a email about this and patched straight away. but if you get your licence from a reseller then you would not be privvy to the email from WHMCS so would not be aware of this and would rely on your reseller to get this info and patch your installation or give you the patch to do it yourself.
so it is a good idea even if you dont get a licence from WHMCS to register with them and also register on their forum

the latest version is v5.0.3

they will still try in this version, but will fail if you have the patch installed
follow my Post #16 above and this will block these tickets as you will still get the tickets even though the exploit will fail

But in V5.0.3 they can't hack you by support ticket WHMCS already update the software

if you download a fresh copy now then no as the security patch was added to the software, but it you installed 5.0.2 and then just the update when it come out and have not installed the security patch then yes it can be hacked.

even with the security patch installed you will still receive the tickets with the base64 code even though they cant hack into the system

Last edited:
Hello, I use WHMCS for billing and over the yesterday a hacker login to the admin account and change the password, I was able to change the password through phpMyAdmin but that doesn't seem to do anything, the hacker login again and same thing happened 6-7 times, I updated to the latest version of WHMCS and installed the latest security patch. Do you have any idea how the hacker is able to login to the admin account?

Make sure you are using secure passwords