Whmcs

Hypnotique

I am trying out WHMCS on my website. I like it, and have had nothing but positive comments from friends on it. I like the design of it as well. Does anyone have any experiences with this software that they would like to share?

We use this and we also have had nothing but positive experiences for WHMCS.

We have made a few feature requests and they have all been implemented through new updates and releases.

For us it is the best and the support is excellent.

We switched from another program over, it has been able to do almost everything we ask of it (and much more than we had). And yes, they really do listen to what people want / need.

The software is wonderful, it has met and exceeded our expectations. A lot of people looking at the price would think this isn't a powerful system but it really is.

We used modernbill for several years and tested version 5 and just weren't happy where we were at. Looked around for a better solution, including even more expensive ones, doing an in house system, and also cheaper ones. After weighing all our options, we tried whmcs for 15 days, and came away wondering why we didn't try this sooner.

What I can do in WHMCS in 5 minutes used to take 25 minutes in the other billing program. Enough said ;)

We now offer WHMCS free to our resellers, and will shortly be a certified reseller for them. I think you can say we have been pleased =)

Derrick

Of all thebiling applications I've tested, WHMCS certainly is the best supported application of them. Its still in need of some features, but Matt the authors rates on gettingthem developed and addedto the codebase are very reasonable.

It comes highly recomended, and will be replacing WHMAP on several of our sites as soon as our mods are completed and tested.

Worst support I ever had !

Although the script by itself is quite good , it still needs a lot of improvement.
BUT , this program has the worst support I ever had in my entire life. After I found a bug the way credit and tax is working, I just got an answer that this is the way it should work.
Bringing the topic to the forum resulted in being locked out of the forum, although I never used bad language, or flamed or ever even raised my voice.
The integrity of this one-man show is as bad as his support. Various edited , locked and removed post prevents others to see what’s really going on over there. Editing others people writings are what we call here counterfeit.
If you want to give your accounting in hands of such people, be my guest, but remember the warning.

Ed,

I like WHMCS.

I use it myself, and it works very well. All the features are there, it does everything I want. It is the best billing software I've ever used. :santa:

Sounds good, I am currently using clientexec.. But I intend on switching to something else in the future, I found a good deal on clientexec from a friend, so I am using it..

.amaZe said:
Sounds good, I am currently using clientexec.. But I intend on switching to something else in the future, I found a good deal on clientexec from a friend, so I am using it..

Go with WHMCS, so much better.

I was confused a couple of weeks ago and had a thread here, looking for suggestions. I tried WHMCS and let me say it impressed me alot. Not just the script but also support. I purchased it through a reseller who gave me tempting deal. Should you still be in doubt, just explore features script offers and use a trial. You'll naturally be inclined to use WHMCS then.

bandboy said:
I was confused a couple of weeks ago and had a thread here, looking for suggestions. I tried WHMCS and let me say it impressed me alot. Not just the script but also support. I purchased it through a reseller who gave me tempting deal. Should you still be in doubt, just explore features script offers and use a trial. You'll naturally be inclined to use WHMCS then.

Yup, the trial definitely won me over.

The support is great! Matt stays very involved and works very hard to make sure that the clients are taken care of. We have requested a few features to be added and he added them on the next release. WHMCS is the best and the support is tops.

Important thing about WHMCS is that it is easier to understand and use than competitive ones, like Modernbill and similar. Add to that good support. A perfect recipie for having a good client billing and support system. :)

We also use WHMCS, and it is much better than what we previously had for over a year - ubersmith. Ubersmith lacks many updates, and it takes months (and years in their case on some issues) to implement simple things that other billing managers have long implemented. WHMCS is definitely a relief for us, and I am very much so enjoying using their software.

I've had experience with ModernBill, ClientExec, AccountLab Plus and WHMCS. IMHO nothing beats WHMCS with it's SMARTY templating system, great support, frequent updates, easy conversion from another system and fast management. It is also much faster than the other systems.

Hii all,

Well i was checking out the WHMCS site today and was really impressed mainly coz they have billing, and automated account creation as well as customer support all in one. But i have couple of Q,

1 . Does it offer live chat apart from knowledge base and help tickets..?

2 . And do they offer instant alerts using SMS for help tickets..?

Thanks

.amaZe said:

Quoting myself on this one..

Yes guys, I am a success story. WHMCS is wonderful and easy to use. Everything is basically automated, all I would have to do is activate accounts and the system does the rest from there. On top of that, it is cheaper to lease it than other billing softwares.

Recommended.

Dev4vip said:
1 . Does it offer live chat apart from knowledge base and help tickets..?

2 . And do they offer instant alerts using SMS for help tickets..?
1. No. There are lots of good live-chat systems around, just integrate the one you prefer.
2. No. There are lots of ways to build that into your setup - something as simple as a cron job reading the DB using your SMS service of choice - easy :D